1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Spray Tank

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by rblake, Nov 29, 2008.

1. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Finally got the spray tank ready for this winter. Tested it out with water and worked fine, well except for a small leak around the trash pump. Will have to call the dealer on monday. The storage tanks are full. Hopefully we get something on monday to help pay for all of this. I will try to post pictures.

Landscape 2008 151.jpg

Landscape 2008 152.jpg

Landscape 2008 153.jpg

2. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

everything looks great. thats a hell of a cover-all, how much salt can you fit? i like all the red GMs.

3. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I can get close to 300 tons in it. I usually keep around 100 to 150 tons. I am trying to keep gm in business. Actually my father in laws pension.

4. JLO

JLO Junior Member

Looks like a nice spray set-up, very similar to mine. I am in central IN, just South of INDY.
    What liquid(s) are you using, and how/when?

5. The MAG Man

The MAG Man Junior Member

FWIW, when that tank is full it's going to be over 3,000 lbs. Those blue straps you have on there are hopefully only temporary as they would be a State Police DOT stop magnet for a fine. I can't see them too well, but they look like they are "Cinch stop" straps which have a rating of only maybe 80 lbs each. They work great for carrying your dirt bike or something that is only a few hundred pounds tops, but for something that's 1.5 - 2 tons of liquid and steel, you should put chain binders on that tank skid and mount it up solidly. I don't imagine that tank is baffeled and when you stop or turn you will get "hammer slosh" which will work to dislodge those straps and the tank and the next thing you know it will be sliding around in the dump bed just in time to meet the telephone pole base or curb coming up and shortening your spray bar. You can't tie these tanks down too much. A sideways slide on some ice where you meet the curb with your rear tires might be just enough to bounce that tank loose and out. That would be an expensive day. Secure the load like you expect to be in a wreck because you just might be and adding a spill to your trouble is not always a good thing. Make sure your operators know the back-up limits because those spray bars are extremely easy to put into a light tower base of high curb when backing up. Maybe even consider putting a couple whip flags on the ends of the bar for the driver to see and to give him a good distance perspective.

Looks shiny new!

6. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

We are using a well brine from Ohio. I forgot to take the straps off, they were temp. I welded the i bolts to the frame and used turnbuckels in the back. Up front, I had to do some welding and used a heavier strap.

7. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

Nice fleet!

8. Leisure Time LC

Leisure Time LC Senior Member

Very nice Equipment....

9. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

system looks great would like to know where your getting product?

10. wallnut09

wallnut09 Junior Member

11. Dhouse

Dhouse Member

Let us know how the first spraying goes.

12. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Next possible snow is on wed. but it going to start out as rain. maybe on saturday.

13. Superior L & L

Superior L & L PlowSite Veteran
    from MI

WOW that is a fancy sprayer. I wonder what they cost?

14. wallnut09

wallnut09 Junior Member

Same as that Dultmeire rblake has above!!

Dave at IMT quoted me 6100... ready to go.. no installation fees..

I will know more by the end of the week... They say that i can trailer 1500 gallons and pull from that to spray or top off my other sprayers...

I will keep you updated and hopefully post a few pics with it in my truck!!!!

15. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

I paid $3,900.00 and it was delivered from wilmington ohio. The storage tanks with the fittings were around $1200 per tank. If you would like the number email me at earthworksinc@woh.rr.com. Could not figure out how to reply to a pm from clapper the other day. I know he travels ohio. indiana, michigan area. The tank is going back in the morning since they did not plumb it to fill the tank with the pump on the unit.

16. golfstud88

golfstud88 Member

Robert this is Drew Thaler. We need some snow because obviously we have too much time now since we are on here quite often.

17. ChlorideGuy

ChlorideGuy Member

do you guys know anyone who is intrested in calcium brine? Take a look at our web site
    www.thechlorideguy.com cheap stuff works great!!

18. rblake

rblake Senior Member
    from dayton

Hey drew, what else are we suppose to do ? Good luck hunting.