1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Snowfighter

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by phillyplowking1, Sep 22, 2003.

1. phillyplowking1

phillyplowking1 Senior Member

Im going to pick it up on saturday.Its a 1987 F-800 with a 429 and 5/2 spd.It has central hydros ,hydro V-box ,and a 10' P.A. plow .It only has 3500 miles on it and no rust at all.Im gonna be converting it to a 4X4.

2. phillyplowking1

3. snowplowjay

snowplowjay Banned

Hmmmmmmm very nice looking setup. And a 4x4 conversion in the works sounds sweet. It sounds like a great deal with only 3500 MILES :dizzy:

4. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Very nice looking truck. Thats awfully low mileage for a 1987 model year. Is the mileage believable? Mike
  5. phillyplowking1

Yea its really 3500 miles.A small township in north central pa had it.They only used it for plowing and salting.:waving:
  6. Mike 97 SS

Mike 97 SS Banned
    from U.S.A.

Cool, then go for it, if you need it. Thats a rare find I bet with such low miles and in real nice condition. When are you getting it and how much are they asking for it? Mike :waving:
  7. phillyplowking1

There asking $13,000 for it .
  8. Pelican

Pelican 2000 Club Member

Glad you could get the pictures formatted.

What kind of work do you have planned for it?
  9. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Nice truck to bad it's not a diesel.They had one up here that i posted but had a dump and a v box with a little more miles .It was the same thing former state truck but the guy who owned it lokked like he went thru the whole truck is an '88 for $6,500 last i say on ebay. Good luck with it phil
  10. Mark Oomkes

Mark Oomkes PlowSite Fanatic

Why convert it to 4WD? I'm just curious. I would think that unless it is very hilly or you are in the mountains that the 25G's would sort of be a waste of money.

We have a F800 with a dump box, under tailgate spreader, 10' Monroe plow, diesel and have only been stuck twice with it. Both times slid off the edge of the driveway. We also have a F750 with a 10' Monroe v-box and 10' Viking that has never been stuck. If you keep the weight in the back these types of trucks are pretty much unstoppable.

I wish I could find deals like this, though. It looks like it's in decent shape. Good Luck.
  11. meyer22288

meyer22288 Senior Member

Looks like a very clean truck. thanks for sharing the pic:waving:
  12. windmill

windmill Senior Member

Wow I just went into dream mode thinking of al the things I could do with that truck. You should make your money back on that in no time. Post some pics of that truck playing in the snow when in comes. payup
  13. phillyplowking1

I gonna be using the truck for ethier streets for the city or a couple big jobs I have.I am converting the 4X4 from an F-800 that was a fire truck.The truck should be a beast.
  14. phillyplowking1

They also have a couple UNIMOGS which are pretty tempting.

15. Rooster

Rooster Member
    from Kansas

Ah, Unimog, there is a snow fighting machine!

16. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

That's a nice looking truck, and a steal for 13k!

Can I ask why you want to have a 4x4? I mean, it'd be an awesome mudding truck, but I would think the extra drag from the transfercase and front axle (plus being a gas motor) would send your mileage plummeting through the floor. :confused:
  17. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

My friend is going to be selling his 4wd international diesel dump. It has all the hydraulics setup for a plow and spreader, the truck is awesome for muddy jobsites and stuff especially when the truck is loaded he said. The only downside is it only does 48mph, but it's got a lotta torque.

If you have any interest in it, let me know because he's buying a newer international 4x4.

18. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I have an f-800 with the 429 5 spd also I've never been stuck with it. it has an 11' plow on it. And from my experience with the truck that engine and transfer case doesn't have enough power to spin a 4x4. Just my opinion.
  19. phillyplowking1

Well I have the donor truck with the 4x4 and if I decide to put a dump on it I can send it out on some jobs where the other big trucks wont go.I think the 429 with have enough power to drive the 4 wheels.
  20. jkkalbers

jkkalbers Senior Member

I hope it works for you, let us know how it goes!:drinkup: