1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Snowex/Winter Snow And Ice Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ColumbiaLand, Jan 15, 2009.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Heres a couple of pics of my new snow ex that i just got for the 08 Superduty. There are also a few assorted truck pics, our salt shed and some other equipment pics. Also A New Stainless MBRP 4" Exhaust for my 08 Powerstroke which will go nice with the intake thats already on there.

2. redstroker_2002

redstroker_2002 Member

looks good.
  3. ColumbiaLand

More Pictures

More Pictures of Trucks. Im Going To Get Some Action Pics During The Next Storm

4. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

Nice trucks. Do you only do commercial? How many tons does that salt shack hold?
  5. bakerc8

bakerc8 Senior Member

a awesome set up for any situation but mayb a v possibly but nice
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2009
  6. ColumbiaLand

The Shed Holds Up To 25 Tons If You Really Stack It. We Do 90% Commercial. The Red F250 is getting a v next year the boss straight blade was all that i could find for now
  7. Drottlawn

Drottlawn Senior Member

Where did you get the tent top setup for the salt bin and $$$? I am doing something like that next year. I am tired of tarping it.:realmad:
    Nice Trucks! Gotta love them Fords!ussmileyflag
  8. ColumbiaLand

Salt Shed

The cover all building came from tractor supply, the mafia blocks I bought from the local cement company they have bigger ones too. Its big enough for our use and small enough that it could be relocated very easily. The whole salt shed including, cement floor, cover all building, and mafia blocks cost about $1900.00 to put together. It was well worth it and put together in about a week.
  9. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

nice spreader
  10. JRSlawn

JRSlawn Senior Member

How well is the coverall constructed have you had any problems with it in high winds? How much did it set you back? How many more ton could you fit in it if you went 1 more block the whole way around I am looking for a cheap way to store an additional 50 ton let me know.
  11. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Nice Fords! The red on looks nice, so does the white one. Keep it up
  12. ColumbiaLand

Salt Shed

I only went one high on the block because I'm hoping to move to a new shop next year that is not built yet, so i want to be able to move. If that happens I will increase the blocks up one more. The coverall was $350.00. Its not the nicest one out there but it does the job, i would like to get a bigger one when i expand the shed that is wider so I can fit a larger loader inside and more material.
  13. ColumbiaLand

Oh yeah no problems with wind, We just anchored it with heavy straps as you can see in the pic right to the blocks.
  14. ColumbiaLand

More Pics!

Heres a few pics of the f550 and f250 in the shop, and the white f250 outside all cleaned up from last storm, Also A Pic Of The New 9' 2" Power V XT for the f550. It moves mountains.

15. ColumbiaLand

More Pics!

During A Snowstorm

Yellow Truck 021.jpg

16. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Very Nice Trucks, equipment and shop. What are the straps hanging down for?
  17. Jt13speed

Jt13speed Senior Member

Nice trucks. First time ive ever seen a V plow with the Poly Deflectors on it. How well do they work? Do they overlap at all in the scoop position?
  18. ALarsh

ALarsh Senior Member

Wow, at 23? Do you do maintenance or construction/installs during the summer? Nice work!
  19. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice stuff you got there! I'm working on building up the commercial part of my business.
  20. ColumbiaLand

The Poly Deflector on the v plow works fine, it does overlap when in the scoop position, The Straps Hanging from the system is so i can hang the salter off the f550 so we can use the flatbed, we have a box that goes on this truck for leaves or for blowing chips into and we used it a lot after the ice storm a month ago and still are in between plowing, we do mainly commercial install and maintenance. about 90% commercial and 10% Residential on the snow and ice side.