1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New SnowEx Liquid system looks cool...

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by Grn Mtn, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn PlowSite.com Addict

Wow, I was just at SnowMagazine-online and their lead article is about this new liquid delivery system they have, does that look cool or what. Well not actually looking cool but just a great product idea. I like how you can just buy cheep salt, and plain old liquid and mix it as you go or just pre-treat before a storm. I think I'm gonna have to get me one of those, wonder if the v-box comes with it or if thats separate?

2. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Just looked at the site last week and could not get the cover to open but looks like snow ex took my accu spray out of my rigs and put it on sterioid's (LOL). Went to snow-ex site no news there but from the pics looks good...

3. Grn Mtn

blue angels air show

I just drove thru your town last weekend at 4pm an caught the BlueAngels AirShow, they were flying 100' from the van my kids were loving it, then on the way back thru town (which by the way is awesome looking right on the water and all) we caught it again!

4. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

our "new to me" swenson v box has this pre wetting system. i'm ready to try it out. it should save some $$

5. firelwn82

firelwn82 PlowSite.com Addict

This gig just takes salt and water. Is this right or......?

6. Grn Mtn

Update on SnowEx equipment info

Okay, just got off the phone with SnowEx and found out some more info: It is a stand alone unit but really is meant to work in conjunction with their VeeMaxx 8500 or VeePro 8000, not sure if its both or one or the other. So any of us looking at this with short box trucks are kinda out of luck - unless you like it hanging out. I think he said it was $1800 with the 75 gal tank, saddle bags extra. You can put Caliber and Magic through it. To optimize flow, you connect the controller of the sprayer into the controller of the spreader thru a phone cord type connection on the back of each unit. At present there are no spray wings so it will only apply liquid to a width of about 12'. This are in production right now.

here is the link to the article: http://www.snowmagazineonline.com/news/news.asp?ID=386

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  7. fernalddude

riverfest

Hey grn mtn. you must have passed thru during riverfest you should have passed thru about 9:00 pm and would have seen the best fireworks show on the planet. 1/2 milloin fans are there for the show but the event goes on all day our send off to summer glad the fam had fun with the fly over. What were you doing in my area (vacation?) Ok so the 75 gal of chemicals (my math)33%mix 2.8 lbs of Cacl2 per gal =210lbs water 8.34 lbs per gal =625+210=835lbs for 75 gal of liquid with a 12 inch spray pattern that going to last a while. But what a great way to add liquid to a dry chemicals for faster action at lower temps. It does work ... OLD PIC (LOL).....

spray.jpg

Last edited: Sep 8, 2006
  8. Grn Mtn

unfortunately I was headed out to my Grand Mothers funeral in Albion. Left at noon, hit a tractor trailer fatality in PA, that held us up for an hour, passed by the air show at 4pm way cool, saw the best sunset ever Friday night, got in at 10pm, went to the funeral on saturday, left at noon, saw the air show again at 4pm but this time it was raining from the leftovers of the hurricane so not as good, drove by another jacknifed tractor trailer in PA, thank god it was on the west bound lane, then near buffalo 20 state troopers past by looking for some psycho that killed one of them, got home at 8pm.

I think he said its enough liquid to spray 4 loads of salt, or put on the saddle tanks that slide down either side of the VeeBox and run with the town for a couple hundred lane mile:D

Next time I'm thru I'll call, Been admiring your setup since I first saw that pict, when was it, 1984?:p

9. fernalddude

I wonder if they have a flow control so you could adjust flow for changing conditions or do they just use the nozzle tip for control. I can adjust flow by amount of tips i turn on.

10. Grn Mtn

I could have sworn he said that the control was all done inside your warm and toasty cab.

11. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

do yo think i could control the flow by using the on/off valve on the tank. btw it is set up with a marine bilge pump

12. fernalddude

13. elmo1537

elmo1537 Senior Member

just saw the spray unit in person in poughkepsie (sp) the 8500 will actually fit into a six foot bed without a problem and not very much overhang. It appeared that the unit has a valve of some sort that you would adjust for the amount of product that you want to put down. Kind of remind me of the valve on an oxy acetylene setup. We treat all of all salt prior to loading but it looks like it would work great for applying before the store.