1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New SnowEx customer

Discussion in 'SnowEx Products' started by Raykelly8, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Raykelly8

Raykelly8 Junior Member

I bought the SnowEx 8500 last week for bad storm that was going to hit us in STL and it did. Nothing like upper states but for STL it was pretty bad with cold weather and high winds. Anyhow I got to tell you SnowEx is good product so far. I had two Salt Dogs before and used them for 2 years and what pieces of junk they are. Salt Dogs in no way can compare to SnowEx.

I found SnowEx to be vary easy to install and use. OF course there are some issues that every manufacture has but this is solid product. I do have couple suggestion if SnowEx is listening to these forums.

1. Please add some more details to your installation manual - yes it's easy but few more pictures and couple more paragraphs explaining things would be nice.

2. Please get rid of the designer that came up with the grease fitting under the cover and requires a right angle grease gun tip to grease it. This is a vary dumb design. I already replaced the grease fitting with a right angle fitting. I know you have to grease it, but why not add a slot or a remote geese point. Really - taking off the cover to grease it?

Overall great design and works great.

For all you others out there - DO NOT buy Salt Dogs - they are complete junk.
  2. SnowGuy73

SnowGuy73 PlowSite Fanatic

Great review, couldn't agree more. Especially the last line!
  3. bhmjwp

bhmjwp Senior Member
    from kcmo

A second comment-Snowex is hands down one of the best manufactures in the lawn & snow industry for communications and website assistance. Also, dealers are the best trained of any manufacturer. Maybe they have just been around so long they have this advantage and network. I can get parts easy, quick and instructions to install on all my Snowex equipment. Other manufactures should do a case study to improve their operations.
  4. ponyboy

ponyboy Senior Member

Spray the frames they rot quickly that is a major downfall other than that live mine I have 5
  5. SnowGuy73

Ya, true. Coat them good.
  6. lucky921

lucky921 Senior Member
    from dracut

My buddy been waiting 2 weeks for a vibrator and a switch and lost his spinner motor they said it take 10 days We can't get parts around here no one had any parts
  7. SnowGuy73

EBay. A buddy of ordered a vibrator off there and had it two days later.
  8. jturkey69

jturkey69 Junior Member

Vibrator for sp2400 is 500$!!!! Bs!