1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new snowex 1075 spreader

Discussion in 'Ice Management' started by flykelley, Jan 19, 2004.

1. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Ok Guys

I got the spreader installed today,and went and did a trail run. So far I love it,the spread rate was good and even on both sides of the truck. Very easy to use the controler is simple.
    I have to get use to having a big box hanging off the back ofthe truck,seems a little wierd. Hopefull I will keep having the same results as I did tonight. If I get a chance I will post some pictures on tuesday.

Regards Mike
  2. jeff wright

jeff wright Junior Member

I know this sounds stupid but dont forget to latch BOTH side latches. One of my crews did that and lost the lid and had back-track and find it. They found it but they waisted 1/2 hour at least, and time is money. But other than that the thing works great. Just keep the spinner clean and your good to go. oh and use an rv dump valve(or something) to block the hole in between jobs, or it will take beer money out of your profit.
  3. Mdirrigation

Mdirrigation Senior Member

I have a old meyers tailgate spreader , i lost the first lid, on the second one I drilled a hole in the lid and the spreader, and used a small piece of rope so if the lid comes off it is still there. Just make sure the rope is on the outside to avoid it from ever getting the auger
  4. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

That sounds like a great idea will do that this weekend.

Regards Mike