1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New snowdogg plow for 07 tundra

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by rthomas1787, Dec 1, 2009.

1. rthomas1787

rthomas1787 Junior Member
    from alaska

I just purchased a snowdogg plow for my 07 Toyota tundra 4x4 double cab 5.7L. I am having it installed this Thursday. Hopefully everything will go well with the plow. I will give you guys more updates of how the plow is when I start getting some snow. I'll put some pics of it up to when I get it. Anybody else have tundra with snowdogg plows on them? If you do how are they working out and have you had any problems with them?

2. snowjams

snowjams Junior Member

I got one HD75 on an 2008 in october,waiting to use for the first time.It is snowing right now so it should be soon.Only issue i had was that the authorized dealer is no longer authorized by the company so i just wait for a response from the company.I think it will all work out but sure puts me and a bunch of other new buyers in a hard spot if we do need to get repairs done.Maybe the company rep will contact me soon.Good luck with that install,let us know how it works for ya.

3. rthomas1787

rthomas1787 Junior Member
    from alaska

Here are the pics of the plow on the truck. I picked it up 2 days ago. Now i'm just waiting for snow

1208091417_0001.jpg

1208091418_0001.jpg

1208091419a_0001.jpg

4. snowjams

snowjams Junior Member

tundradogg

That plow looks good on that Tundra.We got about ten inches of the wet heavy stuff so i went out at about 1:30 am today and did about 10 drives and half of an 75+ condo complex with the dogg and tundra.All went well with both but one light almost fell off,just had to retighten nuts under all.Tundra at one point the wipers went very slow for about half an hour then started working fine again,who knows what thats about ?I will be going at it again this afternoon cause we got a few more inches,then comes the cold stuff.Good luck with your tundradogg.

5. naturalgreen

naturalgreen Senior Member

plow looks good on a beauty of a truck

6. blackhawk0622

blackhawk0622 Junior Member

MD75 or HD75

I am looking to purchase a Snowdogg Snowplow for my 2010 Toyota Tundra Rock Warrior. Can anyone tell me if the HD75 will work on my Tundra? I want to be sure that it isnt too heavy. Or should I go for the MD75?

7. blackhawk0622

SNOWJAMS, how does that HD75 fit your Tundra? Does it dip the front end down at all? I know its a heavy plow.

8. snowjams

snowjams Junior Member

hd75

Have not had any problem ,I thought about timbrens to help but was not alot of bonus height so i just left it stock.I did put snow treads on and about 500# ballast in back end to help .I like the heavy plow to do a better job and no ride up over snow.Good luck blackhawk 0622.

9. blackhawk0622

Thanx for your help. I do hear the heavy plow is the way to go. Would you happen to have any pics of your tundra with the plow mounted that you can share? Also, what kind of tundra do you have?

10. snowjams

snowjams Junior Member

I have an 2008 Tundra grade,double cab with 8' bed,sorry no pictures

11. blackhawk0622

Do you get any sag when the plow is lifted?

12. snowjams

snowjams Junior Member

about 2" down

13. blackhawk0622

whoa 2" is a lot...maybe I should go for the MD75 with the 2" do you still have a lot of ground clearance? Do you have TRD suspension or just reg suspension?

14. blackhawk0622

Snowjams....@" seems like a lot. Do you still have good ground clearance? Do you have TRD suspension or the reg suspension?

15. blackhawk0622

Ok guys I had my HD75 installed on my 2010 Tundra Rock Warrior and it looks great. Now I just need a lil snow to get the full effect of the plow. It looks great and I will put up some pics soon. I am just having a problem with the lights. I have aftermarket HID lamps installed and they just dont seem to want to work with the snowdogg......any ideas guys?

Am I doing something wrong? Did I miss a step?

16. Plowfixguys

Plowfixguys Senior Member

We did installs on two Tundras this season, though I don't remember what years they are. Only thing I would suggest would be some ballast in the rear and Timbrins in the front. The ones we did were kinda light in the rear and after the ballast and Timbrins they leveled out nicely and plowed much better.

17. dirtybird

dirtybird Junior Member
    from 02347

Something is wrong if you are getting 2". I've got the HD75 on my 2011 Tundra DC and it drops 3/4" I'm going to put in leveling struts next season but so far so good. After taking the plow screws out and putting lock-tite on eveything it's GTG.