1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Snowblower

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by LawnGuy110, Jan 31, 2011.

1. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

I am looking at a new snowblower right now as the origional one I have is in the shop.:mad: I currently have a 24" Ariens snowblower. It has lasted a long 7 years before needing any major repairs last year. The two brands I am looking at are Ariens and Toro. Any suggestions on Toro snowblowers? Any help is appreciated!:)
  2. bel-nor

bel-nor Member

Toro is the way to go. The 826 OE was my choice last year and it has worked great. We had a deep snow last week and no problems, and all the customers liked the work.
  3. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

How much to they cost on average?
  4. bel-nor

bel-nor Member

$1200-$1300 with a little negotiation room. Get quotes from several dealers not the box stores and shop for the best price. Try to buy from your regular dealer with printed quotes, but get the best price. Take a look at the Toro website there are prices on there. You may can negotiate $100-$200 off. I didnt mention but this unit works great. The unit moves wet heavy slushy snow as well as deep hard snow. Best investment for snow removal. Keep a small dry wall saw with you for hoes, newpapers, toys and anything that may need cutting from the auger. Ask your customers to keep the work areas free from such items and you will have no slow down in work. Good luck and let us know what you choose.
  5. Golfpro21

Golfpro21 Member

the new cub cadets are pretty good......super big bucket and really heavy.....great for scapring down the drives......not as manouverable as the smaller lighter ones, but go thru the plow piles easy.......solid engines, they start on 1 pull and great on gas.
    Those new toros look like they are all plastic....those joy sticks won't last but 2 storms in my opinion.
  6. LawnGuy110

LawnGuy110 Senior Member

I definatley agree with the plastic joystick. I doubt it will last very long. At this point I am really leaning towards another Ariens because the 24" that I currently have has lasted me over 7 years without needing any major repairs. Problem with Ariens is the local dealer is terrible...Service is rediculous and lousy mechanic.
  7. shooterm

shooterm Senior Member
    from Midwest

I have 80's Ariens commercial 36" and a 10 year old Yardman 24". To be honest I cant stand the 36" and dont have any plans of buying anything over 28" again. Sidewalks is where you lose alot of time and since we have a standard 48" width I find the extra inches from the 36 wasted. Surprising to me is how nice the Yardman handles for a el cheapo used snowblower I bought from a hard up buddy. Just me but I think snowblowers are a example of bigger isnt better.
  8. speralandscape

speralandscape Member

Husqvarna makes a great snowblower. Used one the other day on a rooftop through over 2' of snow and ice and it threw it about 50 feet without a problem. I would highly recommend checking them out.