1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Snowblower Needed!!!

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Hambrick & Co., Feb 4, 2008.

1. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

My snowblower took a crap on me during the last storm here, I want to get it fix but I also want to purchase a new one and use the old one as a back up. I'm looking for something light weight and reliable. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :help:

2. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

If your looking for a single stage, go with either a Toro 2450, 3650 or a Lawnboy 3305. These are the best and they are all basically the same. The Lawnboy is the best value, because it's the same as the Toro 3650, but it's a lot cheaper. I got mine for $550 out the door. I also have 2 Ariens blowers, and they are ok, but the just don't measure up to the Toro/Lawnboy. We use all of our blowers every storm and so far this year they've gotten a lot of use. I've already put almost 25 hrs. on the Lawnboy, and I've had it less than a month. That's just to tell you that I have some experience with blowers. Any other questions, just ask.

3. Hambrick & Co.

Hambrick & Co. PlowSite.com Addict

I do have a question my old toro CCR 2450 starts but stops shortly there after. I changed the spark plug, I have the correct oil gas mixture. I am not sure what to do? I purchased a 2 cycle Power Clear R Tek 141 CC 21'' W Elec Start. This will now be my primary and I would like to fix the other one and use it as a back up or secondary blower. Any help on why the other one won't stay running would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Mike:help:

4. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

It's probably that the carberautor is all gummed up inside. You can take it out and clean it. Chances are is that a bunch of gunk is inside there, which keeps the fuel from getting to the motor. Just to make sure though, I'll ask my dad for you, he's an engineer and his business makes carbs. I'll let you know when I find something out.

5. gene gls

gene gls PlowSite.com Veteran

I had a 2450 for several years. As they get older, you can't keep them running. Sounds crazy, but I spent a bunch of money on it and finially junked it. Got a new 2450 and it starts first pull every time. Should be good for about 4 years.