1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New SnowBear

Discussion in 'Snowbear Plows' started by tmarc, Feb 10, 2010.

1. tmarc

tmarc Junior Member

I purchased a new snowbear about a month ago. After using it twice on my driveway, there is a "threaded bolt" that holds the yellow strap up that broke off and a large patch of the black paint on the front of the plow has pealed off. Anybody ever had to go after snowbear for warrenty work for them to fix something? I called and left a message and know one has called back.

Thanks,
    Todd

2. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

Their customer service is terrible. The u bolt that holds the strap to the lower frame of the plow broke?

3. tmarc

tmarc Junior Member

No. Its in sits in front of the winch and strap and it rests on the "bolt" when you winch it up and down. I'm not to concerned about that though its the peeling paint on the plow that worries me. Its been inside my garage.

4. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

They must have changed the Snowbear's again. There is nothing between the winch and lower frame other than the strap on mine. Your not going to get anywhere with Snowbear about the peeling paint. They will say you did something wrong, and broke it. Their plows never malfunction or break, as far as they are concerned. Best bet is to sand off the loose paint, and respray some rattle can paint to protect the steel. I though I saw a Snowbear the other day when driving, but it was very different from mine with the way the winch was mounted. I thought maybe it was a Snowbear ripoff, but maybe they are just different.

5. wolverine113

wolverine113 Junior Member

The u-bolt on mine just broke yesterday and the plow is only 2 months old. I wonder if they changed something in their sourcing and the bolt is now weak. I tried finding one at Home Depoot but it doesn't match the size. I called Snowbear and they want to charge $15 shipping for a stupid $2 part.

6. MBrooks420

MBrooks420 Member
    from Erie PA

I ended up snapping my u bolt off. (Trying to replace a strap it was rusted and snapped) I ended up getting some grade 8 bolts and drilling 2 holes in a 3/8's thick piece of steel about half an inch wide, and using that to sandwich the strap between the plate and the plow. Been using a cable since last year the same way, just coiled it around the plate a few times.

7. groundbreakers

groundbreakers Senior Member

wow ... my strap just broke on mine last month went HP and got a 2 feet piece of small link chain .. but i love mine .... did 6 residentials ... all my family members houses .. and 2 small commercials .... and this is my second one in 8 yrs .... those U shaped bolts should be easy to make . but the warranty should still be effective against .. parts and material defects...

8. groundbreakers

yah the part value isnt worth the cost of shipping .. so i just fab up all my parts i will snap a pic of my setup ...

9. groundbreakers

snowbear makes the same plow in different styles depending on what retail sells them .. home depot was orange in color .... Lowes was yellow in color sam's club was blue in color ... same plow different colors ..

10. snowfighter75

snowfighter75 Senior Member

I'd cut my snowbear up for scrap before I'd buy replacement parts from them again. I make everything I need now or buy it somewhere else. Snowbear's customer service SUCKS!!!!!!!

11. ranger88den

ranger88den Senior Member

Pic please. Thanks