1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Snoway plow

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by striker102, Feb 13, 2012.

1. striker102

striker102 Junior Member

I have a new Snoway 22 series plow with a steel cutting blade on my jeep. I have only used the one time this season. I was kind of surprised how loud the scraping sound was when was plowing my driveway. I have watched many videos of others on this sight plowing and it does not seem to be as loud. Does the blade get a little quieter after it breaks in?

Sounds like the down presure was on. Excellent plow but the cutting edge wears fast. 1/4" steel on a new blade but the replacement is 3/8' steel.
  3. superdog1

superdog1 Senior Member

It has been my experience that when you cutting edge is new, it seems to be slightly louder till the bottom of the cutting edge breaks in with the attack angle of the plow. In other words, if you drop your plow and the cutting edge is resting on the ground with a point on it instead of being flat, it makes more noise until it becomes flat? Not sure why?

FWIW, I have a 9ft Western Pro plow that is STILL louder than any other unit we have. The edge is more than broken in? Perhaps the weight of the unit has more to do with it than anything? this monster weighs in around 900pds or so, which is almost 150pds heavier than the 7.5ft Meyers we use.
  4. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try back dragging with the DP on for a 100 feet or so to "set" the edge, that will help with the chatter. Yes a 3/8 or HUMW poly replacement blade will not chatter as much.