1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Snoway New Problems

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by Mad Max 4x4, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Mad Max 4x4

Mad Max 4x4 Member

Hello To Everyone, Just Got A New Snoway 26 Series Installed On My 2010 Dodge Ram 1500 Short Bed. Problem Is Cant Get The Jack On The Plow To Engage Cause The Front Of The Truck Sites To Low. I have Installed Timbrens And Have 500ib Ballast In the back And sill No Luck! I Would Like To Get The Front Up As Much As Possible.What Can I Do? Dealer Said To Drill Another Hole For The Jack, But I want More Ground Clearance And The Jack To Work Like It Should! Thanks

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

How high is the center member? it should be no lower than eight inchs no higher than ten inchs. Is there the option to raise it or is it in it's highest position? Using the top holes may require cutting the fascia./bumper and the dealer may have been hesitant to cut anymore of your fascia/bumper then necessary?

While the instructions show using the lower hole the others are there for a reason and that reason is to allow adjustment.

From the snoway install sheet

IMPORTANT: Height from the center of the lower
    Plow mounting holes on the Vehicle Mount Kit to the
    ground should be between 8" and 10" to ensure
    proper operation.

http://www.snoway.com/service/Updates/97101588B.pdf

3. Mad Max 4x4

Mad Max 4x4 Member

Basher,The center is About 7 inches off the ground,I took the lower fascia off the truck so they would not cut it and the plow seems to be as close to the bumper as could be. Can not be Raised any more, just need like a inch to get the pin on the jack

4. Mad Max 4x4

Mad Max 4x4 Member

Leveling kit, Bilstein 5100 Shocks?

5. Mad Max 4x4

Mad Max 4x4 Member

I Have stock 265/70 R17 Tires On The Truck

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I'd go leveling kit or an aftermarket spring. you need to get the mount up a couple inches for best performance. I'd guess the issue is the short bed, great driveway machine but not much room to get a counter weight behind the axles and not a lot of lever arm when you do.

Remember you need a lot less counter weight (located behind the rear axle) than you do ballast (located anywhere)

You could always use the old street styler's trick. Jack it to full extension, drive a 2x4 between the top coils and then let her down. Instant Redneck leveling kit, Git'er done:mechanic::laughing::laughing::laughing:

7. Mad Max 4x4

Mad Max 4x4 Member

What Is A Good Brand Leveling Kit And Should I go 2 Or 2 and Half Inch Kit? Thanks

8. 04ram1500

04ram1500 Member

9. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

We like daystars as well.

You have to be careful you go much over 2" and shocks can be an issue. then you are either adding extensions :nono: or changing shockspayup

10. Cleanchris

Cleanchris Junior Member

Go with the billstien 5100's. Set them at max which is 2". I have a snoway 26 on a 2006 dodge 1500 with billstiens and its perfect.