1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New SnoWay 26 and front end seems to squat

Discussion in 'Ram Trucks' started by 07 Big Horn, Dec 11, 2007.

1. 07 Big Horn

07 Big Horn Junior Member

Hi I just bought a Sno-Way 26 series with the 7.6 poly, and am wondering what I can do to make the front of my truck not squat like it is. I have an 07 1500 Ram Big Horn Quad Cab 4x4. Other then buying a 2500, right now that is not an option for me. Any other suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks Matt.

2. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Have you added ballest,about 4 or 500 lbs behind the rear wheels

That plow is only about 450lbs

You should post up some pics to.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2007
  3. 07 Big Horn

No I have not yet, adding ballast will help correct that? Sorry, this is my first plow. Pics will come soon, I just picked my truck up today with the mount on it, as they had to swap the smaller 26 version for the 7.6. So I will take some pictures of it tomorrow when I pick up the plow. I did not want to leave my truck overnight again, that part worries me

4. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

yep,any weight you can put behind the rear wheels will help offset the weight of the plow.Will also cut down on wear and tear on the front end.

Were did you get your plow?

5. 07 Big Horn

Alright thanks for that info. I purchased it at Complete Hydraulic Service & Sales in Franklin.

6. 07 Big Horn

By the way how did you like the 26 you have for sale in your profile?

7. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

Thats where I got my V-plow,pretty good to work with.

I really liked the 26 series mine has the 6'8" blade,should have got the 7.5 had it on a 04 dakota quad cab,I cranked up the torsion bars and added 400lbs in the back and it pushed great.

If I had went with another straight plow I would have bought another sno-way

8. 07 Big Horn

That makes me feel confident in getting a good plow. Yeah they are very reasonable and good to work with. By the way another question on your 26, how did you like the wireless remote?

9. stangman35

stangman35 Senior Member

I never had a problem,just make sure to carry extra batteries.Its pretty nice,no cords to get in the way.
    Are you subbing or personal use.

10. 07 Big Horn

Yeah I went ahead and had them hard wire it, so if I decide in the future to get one I can just switch up and use wireless. Which is what I really wanted, but I didn't want to spend money on that right now. Personal use.

11. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Turn up the tortion bars on the front end, add some balast to the rear. Now you have a happy plow truck. My self leave the remote wired up. The delay of the remote bothered me a bit. Hard to get the rythm of the blade. Other than that the blade is great. Expecially in smaller applications.

DAFF

12. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

get a set of timbrens:nod:

13. 07 Big Horn

[​IMG]

Thanks for all of the help, I wouldn't know what to do without you guys. Also Hopefully this one picture shows up, I haven't really taken many of it with the plow on!

Matt

14. harleyrider67

harleyrider67 Member

Nice lookin rig there:) You might ask at the dealership if you can get heavier springs for the front end. You have a coil over front suspension on that 07 not tortion bars. If I remember right they did away with the bars on the 06 models. If the dealership cant help do a search with some of the suppliers on here first and if no luck see if you can find them online some where.

Anyway, get ready for Saturday's snow. I'm in New Castle and ready to make some cashpayup

Take care,

Curt

15. DAFFMOBILEWASH

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Sorry about the TB idea. Haven't had the oportunity to look under the 07. Just assumed they were the same as the older ones. Does that meen the mounting kits are the same for the 1500/2500 for 07/08?? If they are you can put 2500 series coil springs in the front and upgrade to the 29 series. Ya I know that wouldn't be recomended by the dealers, but it is an option for people wanting to upgrade.

16. 07 Big Horn

I will check with the dealer tomorrow to find out if a 2500 coil spring will fit a 1500. If thats the case it will solve my problem.

17. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

BALLAST and timbrens

18. 06slvrctd

06slvrctd Member

If a 2500 spring will fit I have a set of 083/084 springs with 12K miles on them I would possibly sell to you. I upgraded to the heaviest spring available and have no use for these.
    Let me know.