1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Snow Wolf Plows/ Equipment pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Knockah22, Nov 8, 2009.

1. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Here is the New Snow Wolf Plows we (the company I work for) received. 4 10ft blades, 1 8ft, 1 set of wings and 3 "Fast Tach" boxes . Thanks to Tom at Martin Implement(new payline west) for getting these blades for us. I will try and post some action shots of us changing from blade to box. Enjoy.

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

[​IMG][/IMG]

2. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

looks like someone likes john deeres
    nice fleet

3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Lookin good!!! Good luck with them this season.

4. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

Awesome Man!!!!!!!

5. snocrete

snocrete Banned

awsome looking fleet Steve!!!....I have never used the Snow Wolf "plows"....but I do like the way they are designed. I have had a few bobcat brand plows, and IIRC that is what you were running last year, right? If so I think you are going to be really happy with those units....unlike the "old" bobcat style plows (i think bobcat now offers a new hd design that has float of some kind?) these plows oscillate and float, allowing the machine to ride flat on its own weight. Good luck with them and keep us posted on how they perform.

P.S. I cant believe you guys didn't work a deal out to throw some Wolf Paws on the SS's !?!?

6. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Thanks for the reply's everyone. ussmileyflag Yeah, I used the old style bobcat brand last year, Looking forward to trying out the snow wolfs. Although this year I will not be operating a skid steer, I will be operating the 244j mini end loader. I will have the 10ft snow wolf with Fast tach box, ill be sure to keep you guys updated on how it performs. I would like try a set of wolf paws, but that is something we may look at for the future, but with 5 skid steers it got pricey. payup

7. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

i believe what i heard is that snow wolf got the rights to produce their the fast tach from Kage innovation...i personnaly love the Kage system and wouldn't use much else ....good luck
    steve

8. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

We had a tough time choosing between the kage and the fast tach. Fast-tach was cheaper, and I liked the snow wolf plows better. Snow wolf offers a 2 year warranty including cutting edge, which sold me. I had seen the kage system at the snow symposium in Ky, and think they are both comparable. The true test will come as soon as we get snow.

I new kage and snow wolf worked out a deal but was not sure of the details. Thanks for the info.

9. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

My 244J gets delivered tommorrow. I sure hope it does what I want, or its back to Volvo.

J.

10. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Nice looking fleet and let it SNOW

11. xtreem3d

xtreem3d PlowSite.com Addict

I know Kage wanted about 1200 more for their plow (i happen to use Boss plows with the Kages)..
    are you buying or renting the skids? how much snow do you get in a normal winter?
    steve

12. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Let me know how they compare. I like the 244j so far, but all Ive done is stack salt and move pallets around. Good luck to you and thanks for the idea to get these machines, without your advice we would have just gotten two more skid loaders. Good luck this season.

F250man -Thanks for the comment. Let it Snow!

xtreem3d - We leased the skids. 3 or 4 years. Last year I think we had around 55", but that was above average. Hoping for 40"+ this season.

13. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

On paper. The Deere looks better. I am verry interested in its speed. They claim 18+ MPH. An L20B is only 12 MPH. Any amount of "Extra" Speed between jobs is going to be great. I don't like the Deere Quick tatch. Not a Skid loader style. You need an adaptor plate to make it work.

The Deere is also a bit heavier, so with the added speed and weight it should handle my bigger box well.

But it all comes down to what we get this winter.

J.

14. Knockah22

Knockah22 Senior Member

Yeah, we had to get the adapter plate because all of our plows are skid loader style. I have not tried removing the plate while its still attached to the plow, Although I will be soon. We have a 2 yard light material bucket that only fits the 244j style quick tach, so hopefully I can switch between the two without it taking forever.

15. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Wow those plows and machines are sweet!

16. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

J -
    You rent the loaders for the winter right? You trying the different brands out with the intention to purchase down the road or you just sticking with renting?

17. Peterbilt

Peterbilt Senior Member
    from IA.

I rent my wheel loaders. The past 2 seasons we have ran Volvos, this year I am going to run at least 1 of the Deeres.

The L20s we run are great machines, but they are very slow driving. Only 12 MPH. Deeres will go 18.
    It doesn't seem like a big deal, but how fast I can get from job to job is a big deal to me.

I would love to own one of these little loaders, but for the other 8 months of the season I wouldn't have a use for it. I did buy a brand new tractor for this season as well. At least with it, I will have a 4 season type of an investment. Don't get me wrong, these little loaders are awesome for just about everything we do, and when we send them back I feel bad. But $80.000 for something that I might be able to do something with is just out of the question.

J.

18. accipiter12

accipiter12 Senior Member

Agreed on this.

19. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

How much does it cost to rent a 244J for the winter season?

20. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

a customer of ours just purchased a 344j , i was playing with it for a few minutes real nice machine. looking forward to building a couple attachments for him