1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new snow tires

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 91AK250, Dec 27, 2010.

1. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

so i've been needing snow tires for my '98 expedition 4x4 since it started snowing the first few days of november. it had almost brand new Bridgstone Duler A/T which are a great summer tires but not very good in winter tires on the ice rink roads we have.

in the last 2 weeks its been involded in a wreck(rearended a undercover cop) and went in the ditch. so i knew it was time! i just have been money tight. i got a nice bonus at work for x-mas so i was able to.

i bought 4 studded firestone winterforce 265/70 16's for $470 mounted and balanced out the door! AWSOME price compared to the others i was looking at. now that damn truck is GLUED to the road...almost cant get it to spin/slide and it actuly stops now!

i have not run firestone winter tires in along time so this is my first set in many years...i hope to get atleast 5 seasons out of them as they will only be run in the winter.

if your looking for a great, cheap snow tire...take a close look at the firestone winterforce!

2. 91AK250

this was the ditch dive from last week...
  3. Willman940

Willman940 Senior Member

Glad to hear your happy with your purchase, are you alright from the accident?
  4. 91AK250

i was not driving it, the other half was. but yeah no injurys pretty minor just tweeked the bumper.
  5. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

only complant i have heard from cust when i was installing was thay are real soft . like soft flexing / soft sidewalls . and when i was mounting them i would agre thay are thin.

but yep thay bit good and studs helped.
  6. PlowboyVT

PlowboyVT Member
    from VT

Your Excursion is going to miss pulling it out.

Sure is a good feeling being glued to the road.
  7. mikelawtown

mikelawtown Senior Member
    from Mass

The tires are great in the snow , i had them a few yrs ago on the wifes car but wore out way to fast. I didnt stud though.
  8. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

They are a popular tire around here. I haven't heard anything bad about them. If I can get some extra cash I want to get a set for my wife's Yukon.
  9. onsight

onsight Senior Member

I put a set on my wifes 08 taurus x awd - that really made a huge difference.