1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New snow mover.

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by lawn king, May 17, 2008.

1. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Perhaps we should see about a snoway blade for our new powerplant.

015_10.jpg

002_23.jpg

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

they're available!

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

you just made Toms day...:drinkup:

4. lawn king

I cant wait to move snow with this bad boy, engage the auto throttle and let her rip. Snow would also help with the payment!

5. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Nice lookin machine. :salute:

We would have several different models of loader plows to choose from v or straight blade.

6. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

I've seen and said it on lawnsite, but again, awsome machine. I'm very envious of it.

7. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

OH yeah i would put a v plow on that

8. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

I like the look of the new Kubotas, good luck this summer and winter.:drinkup:

9. pelt35

pelt35 Senior Member

Nice Unit

You have a very nice rig there! You might want to think about some tires other than turf tires for winter, I have them on my 4600 JD and they spin on anything.

10. merrimacmill

from MA

Lawn King, what are you planning on doing with the machine? Do you do hardscape installs? New lawns?

I'm just wondering because I've been tossing around the idea of a bigger tractor (kubota L5740) or a smaller skid steer (JD 315 or NH L160) for quite sometime now. It was going to happen soon, but I bought a new truck. So it will be delayed a little more. My 2210 does great for small jobs that I don't want to tear up the lawn with the weight of a larger machine on, but just doesn't have it for doing lawn reno's, or very much digging, and stuff like that. Not to mention that the lift height is just no good. It dumps into a pick-up fine. But barley makes it into the dump body. I do really like operating a tractor with the nice grand L cab much more than a noisy skid steer. The visibility is great, the noise is pretty quiet, those cabs are as nice as a new truck interior, and I'm already very used to operating a tractor, and have only operated a skid once. I test drove one at MB tractor one time.

Last edited: May 19, 2008
  11. nbenallo33

nbenallo33 Senior Member

its funny we havent had a new thread on snoway for a long time and it shows its nice when there is something new :salute:

12. lawn king

My primary business is lawn care. The tractors primary function is fertilizing, spraying and aerating. I do high end landscape construction, planting,hydroseeding,hardscaping and granite. I dont advertise landscape construction as i get just enough of it from my existing lawn clients. The grand l 40 series are capable of anything you want to do. The 724 loader is fast ,strong and lifts high enough to load any 6 wheeler & most 10 wheelers. The pto will power anything from a power rake to a rototiller, snowblower to a rotary cutter and anything in between. The cab is so quiet its amazing! Be advised the 40 series are not small machines. There are eight models in the lineup, my 3540 is the second model up in the run and she weighs very close to 5000 lbs with the fel on. You dont want to tow this rig around with a half ton pickup.

13. merrimacmill

from MA

In a way I like the size of it, in another I don't. If I were to end up with one of those, I think I would enjoy plowing snow with it much more, but when it comes time to get in real tight working on someones property during the summer, I think I would like a skid steer more. Of course I would still have the small 2210 tractor.

The dealer told me that all the models are physically the same size, just different loaders, weight, HP, and capabilities. Is this true?

14. lawn king

Im not sure if thats true or not, it does look like all models are very close in size and all the factory cabs are identical. Weight is a big issue with us as i work on pristine turf, i need big power with a light foot print. I was about to pull the trigger on the 3240 until i had a close look at the specs, the 3240 and the 3540 are the same weight so i took the extra horses!

15. Tractor Plower

Tractor Plower Senior Member

I know this is the Snoway forum, but look into the Horst 3000 series wing blade for that machine, you'll love it.

www.horstwelding.com

16. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

If it has 4 wheels on it...toby has a plow for it!:nod:

17. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

how about one of the new Revolutions from Snoway

18. lawn king

It looks like she will just do loader work as far as snow goes, loading trucks and site relocation. I just dont see where money is going to come from for a pusher or blade. We will be lucky to stay in business if this diesel fuel ( SICK GREED) situation continues. Imagine $ 57.00 to fuel a tractor. Im looking at $ 375.00 in diesel to fill my dumptruck,pickup and kubota & now im hearing $ 7.00 per gallon by summers end! We cant endure this burden much longer!

19. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Scott I would just go with a 8' protech and be done with it. :D