1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Snow in NE Wisconsin

Discussion in 'Storm Pictures' started by Rondo, Feb 27, 2007.

1. Rondo

Rondo Member
    from 54166

After a winter of almost no snow we finally got a nice storm on Sunday. About 9-10" and then on Monday we got 3" more. Yes, Mother Nature at her best!
    Think Snow!!!

Snow Ford RS.jpg

Snow Ford LS.jpg
  2. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

It's great ain't it? i finally got to plow some some snow without dirt in it. It was a blast.

3. bowtie_guy

bowtie_guy Senior Member

I know what you mean. We had a couple very light snows. Finally last week we got a large for the year snow fall. Was nice to see white snow.
  4. The mayor

The mayor Senior Member

Looks like you will be getting some more snow later this week.:salute:
  5. Post Mowing

Post Mowing Member

Man Love the stack i put one on the 6.9 ford gotta love the thump pushing the pile and making her work
  6. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

You gotta love stacks, it was alot of work, just wish I could of put 2 on her like a mud truck I had but wouldn't fit. With the glass packs on there, my buddies could hear me 1 1/2-2 miles away. People know if I've plowed their drive yet.
  7. snow_samurai

snow_samurai Member

Do you use the Blue truck much/at all, or is it your back up??
  8. Rondo

Rondo Member
    from 54166

Old Trucks are Cool!

Sorry Guys, I haven't been on here in a while.
    First off....Nice Ford you got there Thad! My Ford is a project truck I bought from my neighbor. It needed LOTS of work. Way more than I was planning! [Aren't they all!] But it's getting there. I did most of my plowing with it but for the deepest snow fall I used my Blazer.
    I had a friend call me to plow his driveway which had not been plowed for a week and he had 10+ inches of wet heavy snow and of coarse it had been driven on a few times too. What a ***** that was!! But the old Ford did pretty good. On my first pass the snow stopped me at 20' in the driveway put I has crawling and the blade was tripping. I backed up, angled it hard to the right and hit it again with more speed. She walked right through and I made it to the end. I had to scrape and widen it in about ten more passes put the old Ford did the job!! I think that was the tuffest job I've had in 10 years!?:mad:
    I've got the Ford up for sale now. Had a few calls but mostly tire kickers. It's tough to get a good price for these old work horses even though I dumped over $1500 in it last month!
    You guys rock with the old trucks and I love them! Just something more "real truck" about them!? You know! No leather, no electric seats with heat, no CD players, ...I don't even have a working radio in this thing! BUT, I sure like the HD Dana axles and that NP205 T-case!!!
    If I get any more good pix of our snow up here I'll post them!
    "Old Trucks Rule"!!! :gunsfiring: