1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Snow-Ex pics, trucks, etc.

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by NoFearDeere, Jan 28, 2008.

1. NoFearDeere

NoFearDeere PlowSite.com Addict

I picked up my Snow-Ex Vee-Pro 8000 on Saturday so I snapped a few pics, along with the '93 GMC out plowing on Saturday, and then the trucks without plows. The Vee-Pro isnt going in any truck until next season. Let me know what you think!:D

IMG_3500 (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_3501 (800 x 600) (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_3502 (800 x 600) (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_3504 (800 x 600) (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_3505 (800 x 600) (600 x 450).jpg
  2. NoFearDeere

And here's the rest.....

IMG_3506 (800 x 600) (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_3507 (800 x 600) (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_3508 (800 x 600) (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_3509 (800 x 600) (600 x 450).jpg

IMG_3510 (800 x 600) (600 x 450).jpg
  3. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

How heavy is that salter, reason I ask is I have a BOSS tailgate spreader now and am thinking of upgrading nest year. Only problem I have is I need the flexibility to remove the salter when not in use. Do you have to have a hi/lo to put yours in ??
  4. nickv13412

nickv13412 Senior Member

that duramax is looking pretty sharp! nice trucks man
  5. J&R Landscaping

J&R Landscaping PlowSite.com Addict

Why are you waiting until next season to use the new snow-ex? Trucks look nice!
  6. NoFearDeere

The salter empty is 466 lbs. and can hold 1.6 yards of material. They make a wheel kit so one person can remove the salter and wheel it around but it will empty about $375 out of your pocket. To me, once its in, it will stay in for the season. The spinner assembly can be removed with one pin so its flush to the bumper, that way if somebody whacks you in the bumper, no damage to the salter. 3 guys can move the salter, we did it this weekend!

As far as waiting to put it in a truck, I modified the dmi bumper on the '93 to fit the 1075, so I dont feel like replacing it on that truck, just a waste of $$$. My '05 isnt going to have a spreader, so it will go into a truck I buy this summer. Hoping to find a nice dump truck, but if I cant, I will look at '01-'05 GM 2500HD's with the reg. cab and 6.0 gas. Thanks for looking guys!;)
  7. Stove

Stove Member

Truck and spreader looks very nice, i have a 06 ram with the same set-up.. I love my snow ex 8000 so far so good.
  8. Dailylc

Dailylc Senior Member

What kinda money you got in the spreader?
    Looks good and nice trucks also.

9. Andy N.

Andy N. Senior Member

2 things:

1.Not a fan (not even remotely) of the VEE PRO, but I hope it works well for you.

2. On the back of your trailer, it says "Your following the leader...." You have used the wrong form of "your". It should be "You're....", the contraction of "you are". Sorry, I am a past spelling bee champion.
  10. NoFearDeere

Yes I know, its getting painted and striped in the spring so i'm not worried about it. Also, have you used a Snow-Ex V-Box before?
  11. NoFearDeere

New, installed is about $4600, didnt pay even close to that....:D
  12. scholzee

scholzee Senior Member

It is not a spelling mistake, try grammer mistake
  13. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Looks good
  14. KCB

KCB Senior Member

Hey SCHOLZEE, it's spelled "grammar".
  15. Fiafighterdude

Fiafighterdude Senior Member
    from ME

thats a neet spreder
  16. dmontgomery

dmontgomery PlowSite.com Addict

I reely lik it two.......
  17. qualitylawncare

qualitylawncare Senior Member

Trucks look good man. You will love the spreader. I had some problems with the three that we have when they were new, replaced a few motors and a control box. They are all working well now.

Good luckpayup

P.S. Don't buy the wheel kit... Just get a few guys to help you or chain it to a tractor and set her in..
  18. Eyesell

Eyesell 2000 Club Member

My problem is I'm a one man crew without a tractor and could have a potential need to remove it during the winter. Is the wheel kit crappy or just not needed if you have help and tractor ?

19. NoFearDeere

Two friends and me moved it this weekend and it wasn't too bad. Four guys and it would be a breeze. The wheel kit, from what i'm told, is a good investment if your a one man show such as you.
  20. NoFearDeere

I forgot to mention that I got an extra controller for free....:D