1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New snow ex jammed

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Four Seasons, Nov 29, 2013.

1. Four Seasons

Four Seasons Senior Member

just bought a new 8500 today and got it all hooked up/working. Put a load of sand in it and the auger is all jammed up like the sand is too heavy for it. Nothing ever came out. Not even a little bit. The box flashes ol for overload and ar for auger reverse then shuts down.

2. Plow Solutions

Plow Solutions Junior Member

Dig it out, did you try running the vibrator ?

3. Four Seasons

yes a lot. I ran it a while without turning it on nothing happened so then I turned it on

4. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Auger turning the right way?

5. Four Seasons

one of the guys thought it was spinning the wrong way but then we thought it was just because it went into auger reverse to un jam.

I just shoveled the thing out in the dark, turned it on and now it says E0 which is motor not getting power... says to check connections which are fine. Getting tired of this thing already.

6. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

For grinns. Hot wire the spreader side of the salter plug. You just need pwr and gnd. See if its motor or controller issue, or material issue

7. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

And then humor me. Switch the plugs on the back of the controller that run the auger. Put a pail or 2 of material in and watch.

I have one that is red to black and black to red instead of red:red. Black:black

8. Four Seasons

they have these plugs so they will only go one way. I got the thing shoveled out so that there is only some left on the bottom. it is still jammed.

9. dieselss

Ok. Try and hotwire it. Bypass the controller

10. Four Seasons

what will that do? I've watched the auger turn. just doesn't turn well...

11. dieselss

It'll eliminate the controller or the motor as being bad. Plus it might empty it faster then a shovel

12. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

All mine have plugs that slide and clip togeather, but they are older models that have been in use for years.

13. Mike Nelson

Mike Nelson Senior Member

When it says EO, I believe you unhook the main power going into the control box and wait 1 minute.
    It should reset its self.

Had this happen last year on a couple of new ones. Drove me crazy.

These boxes are like any other electrical device these days. Cut power, wait, repower.

I hope this works for you.

14. Flawless440

Flawless440 PlowSite.com Addict

I paid the extra $$$$ for a new Boss 8000 VBX...
    conveyor instead of auger, all electric... Im impressed, i have ran gas spreaders for ever..

15. Mr.Markus

Mr.Markus PlowSite Fanatic

If your auger is turning but slowly, it could indicate that the auger is too loose on the shaft, and you need to align and tighten the set screws. When they're empty it would look like they're working properly but under load it would simply spin inside the auger.

16. Four Seasons

Ok thanks guys. I was at dlr all morning. The main power was wired backwards on elec motor. So yes, the auger was spinning the wrong way but it was so hard to tell because it wouldn't turn backwards until we cleaned every last bit of sand out. Anyhow , white is neg and blk is positive. lol. I hope that is the only stupid part of the snowex. I used it and it spread just as good as my old SS v box.