1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New snow dogg installed! new design as well!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by cmo18, Nov 12, 2012.

1. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

I purchased my first snow dogg plow last year and I loved it.

So on my new truck i decided to add another one to the fleet. I didn't know but they changed the design this year. Looks badass should throw the snow good!

photo(4).jpg

2. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Looks really good. How much taller is the out side than the inside?

3. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Love the flared wings. Probably going to trade up to that next season.

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking set up got any pics of the back of the blade?

5. maverjohn

maverjohn Senior Member

Looks nice, should work great throwing snow !

6. IA Farmer

IA Farmer Senior Member

Nice looking setup. Is the passenger side wing wider then the driver side? What size is the plow?

7. thelettuceman

thelettuceman PlowSite.com Addict

Tell us about the motorcycle !!!!!

8. mass1589

mass1589 Senior Member
    from mass

wow that looks very nice.....what type of mount does snow dogg use? is it simpler than fisher in your opinion?

9. plowguy43

Its nearly identical. The truck has 2 horns that come out with a small bar in the back that goes side to side. The headgear on the plow has guides with the pins in it. The horns go into the "guides" and you flip the pins then you are done.

Snowdogg Mount.jpg

snowdogg mount plow.jpg

10. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

the snow dogs have come a long way looks like a tough plow

11. srl28

srl28 Senior Member

Do you find mounting the plow to be difficult? Friend of mine bought their expanding plow and his only complaint was mounting it was pretty difficult if the ground isn't level. He loves the plow though and for the price I have been looking at them more and more. Have owned 2 of their salters and we have been pretty impressed.

12. unhcp

unhcp PlowSite.com Addict

I like the flared wings, seems like a good setup!

13. plowguy43

Not sure if you were asking me or the OP but after having Fisher's that were very tempermental if the ground was uneven or if the plow settled in after a storm, this plow is much easier to mount. The Jack that is provided makes it very easy to adjust the height of the plow if it settles. If the pins don't engage, a few turns of the jack and it pops right in. I've had 1 time where uneven ground wouldn't allow the passenger side pin to engage, I got the driver side in, lowered the jack so it was off the ground, turned the wheels of the truck to the other side (crazy but it worked), then jacked it up again and the pin went in without issue.

14. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

The wings are both the same size in height, total of 37" high outside and 29" inside.

Its a great plow, very durable, fast, and easy to put on. I find all plows seem to be the same to put on unless you have the older generations.

The bike is my baby, sad to say but yesterday was probably my last ride of the season. Its a 2001 HD superglide sport, 1450, all blacked out, and lots of mod. Very powerful bike! I put about 5000 miles on it this summer and I'm going to miss it!

15. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Nice looking rig!

16. cmo18

cmo18 Senior Member

plowguy43, did you ever end up putting grease nipples into the center pin of your plow? Id assume that what the wholes are for?

Also your truck ever get hot running the plow on the highway? My 2006 doesnt but my 2007 dump does. Maybe the plow was to high but she over heated!

17. snowremoval4les

snowremoval4les Member

Plow looks great! those snow doggs are catching my eye everytime i see them.

18. wideout

wideout Senior Member
    from iowa

i really like those snowdogg plows they look really sharp

19. plowguy43

No, I guess those holes can have grease put in them using a need nose tip (or something along those lines) on a grease gun. There is a guy who posted about it in the Snowdogg forum as a response to my question.

My truck doesn't overheat at all, it carries this plow better than any straight blade I've used actually.

On your 07 / 6.7, you may need to put the truck in "snowplow mode" for the additional cooling needed with the plow on. The 6.7 runs hotter than the older 5.9's-

http://www.cumminsnewsletters.com/td/td28_snow.html

It states that having an 07 you may have to have the truck flashed to run the Snowplow Mode "Owners of 6.7L Turbo Diesel engines built prior to model year 2008 can receive the snow plow mode capability by requesting the J35 software flash update at your local dealership"

20. R.J.B.

R.J.B. Member

I am looking at that plow and a western mvp. Is the snow dogg a pain to put on? That is the biggest complaint that i hear.