1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New snow deflector with benefits

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by secret_weapon, Jan 6, 2010.

1. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

I finally installed a much needed snow deflector and found out one unsuspected benifit.
    I got the curved one so the snow would roll better. It defintely keeps the snow off my windshield.
    And now it does something I never thought it would, my temp gauge stays at noramal when diving on the hiway, 55+ mph. I don't have to keep my blade just inches off the ground anymore to let air into the radiator. The curve on the snow deflector actually helps airflow into the radiator. I've been raising the blade a little higher each time I drive to find out when air is blocked into radiator again.

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, have fun with it.
  3. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

How much did that cost?
  4. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

you could at least use a different post for different threads. :realmad:
    I can't see caring about a post count.
  5. the_mayor

the_mayor Senior Member

Ha that's funny. I just looked up his posts, and most of them start with "looks good". Strange!
  6. Pushin 2 Please

Pushin 2 Please PlowSite Veteran

That is a must on my plows! Really saves your wipers! Good luck.
  7. Raymond S.

Raymond S. Senior Member

Looks good...(just kidding)
    I have one of those on my Fisher. I never really thought about the air movement into the radiator being effected by that? What is your theory, it pushes more air under the truck or it travels over and immediately down the backside of the blade, like a valance or something? I'm curious because I completely block my front end w/ my fisher as it's a huge blade and never have an overheating problem.
  8. rb8484

rb8484 Senior Member

I have always wondered how well those plastic curved ones hold up. Seems like the would break easy if you pushed to hard into a hard ice pile. I have always used heavy rubber. Glad it serves you for 2 purposes
  9. Dodgetruckman731

Dodgetruckman731 Senior Member

He posts what he posts, get over it

Nice snow deflector, mine also helps with the airflow on my dakota.
  10. shott8283

shott8283 Senior Member

i like it, where did you find the curved one? ive been thinking of getting one on the western
  11. secret_weapon

It was $108 on sale from Mill Supply, about 6 miles from me.

As for the air flow, I'm thinking it flows over and down into the radiator.

Seems to be pretty durable so far, stacked a bunch of snow and even hit a wall (not too hard).
  12. schmol

schmol Senior Member

Well it bothers me too, it could be a pile of rubber dog crap and he would still say "Looks Good". Add a little more to enrich the thread and entice some conversation.
  13. AbsoluteH&L

AbsoluteH&L Senior Member

Well guess what? I think it looks good too!
  14. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

Oh I am. ...
  15. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

I was just thinking the same thing just adding to the post count.
  16. Sydenstricker Landscaping

Sydenstricker Landscaping PlowSite Veteran

The deflector on my snowdogg looks exactly like that. I think they are made out of a hard rubber, so they wont crack and break like the plastic ones do. Mine flexes when I push up a pile, but goes right back to normal. It does allow the truck to run cooler somehow. My truck never overheated, but it runs noticeably cooler now driving around.
  17. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

do not fret fellow plowsite members for i have dialed whine-one-one already :salute:
  18. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

Looks good. I need to head down to mills and get one the rubber one I got is just to short.
  19. Humvee27

Humvee27 Senior Member

Looks good!.....................................:gunsfiring:

having got the smarta$$ portion of today over with now, I have to say I'm gonna try it with mine to see if I can get the same "benefit"....it's always bugged me about my incorrect temp readings....
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  20. secret_weapon

It's on sale now though the 15th ???? for $108, Normally $130
    If anyone is interested. Also much cheaper than some others...