1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Snow deflector, Cutting Edge, Xtenders, and Plow Markers

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 02DURAMAX, Dec 8, 2007.

1. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

here are a few pic's of what i just put on the plow....New Snow Deflector, Cutting Edge, the Xtenders, And Plow Markers....you can see the Xtenders on the corner..

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007
  2. 02DURAMAX

few more...

3. TEX

TEX Senior Member

good job thanks for the pics
  4. bltp203

bltp203 Senior Member

Hey that looks really good. I wanted to ask you where you got the 7.5 foot piece of flat steel for the deflector. I wanna install a deflector, but don't know where to get such a log piece of steel to bolt to the top.

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

Try going to your local steel shop and seeing if they'll cut ya a piece. Also the plow looks great. The exdendors are a curb gaurd I take it?

BETHELSKIER Senior Member

Nice pictures. Let us know how the extenders hold up.It looks like a good product. By the way, where did you get them?
  7. yamaguy

yamaguy Senior Member

Nice. To me the deflector looks like a rubber one. The extenders are a curb gaurd, but also protect the outside edges of the cutting edge from wearing faster than the rest of the edge.
  8. SnowMatt13

SnowMatt13 PlowSite.com Addict

You will like the results of the Extendors.....we have been running them for three years now. They definately make a difference. We used to go through cutting edges every month or so on our Western 10' HW. We even tried doubling the cutting edges for wear. After we purchased Extendors it was back to a single cutting edge and those. We almost made it through last winter on one edge/set of Extendors.
  9. Waterboss

Waterboss Member

Nice job! I noticed less spray/slush on the windshield and windows when "carrying" after putting the snow deflectors on. Nice set-up you've got there.:)
  10. 02DURAMAX

Thanks..And That is actually three pieces of steel..And i bought them from my local western dealer..They where $6.90 a piece..and they just bolt right on..you can also buy all the hardwear you need there or go to an ace or somewhere else to buy the 12 bolts you need..
  11. 02DURAMAX

Yes, Its like a curb gaurd..because the old cutting edge was wearing out bad on the corners and it started to eat up the main plow edge...so i bought this to protect it.
  12. 02DURAMAX

I bought them directly from Winter Equipment Company...I think you can see the name and number in the pic's....if you want then number let me know..
  13. 02DURAMAX

Yes, The deflector is rubber.
  14. 02DURAMAX

What did you plow that you went through a cutting edge so fast?...My original 3/8 cutting edge lasted 6 years...and i upgrades to make it last longer...And The 3/8 one still had about 1" left on it but the edge's where really bad..
  15. 02DURAMAX

16. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

what is the point of the extenders, besides adding an inch to each side.
  17. 02DURAMAX

To help protect the main plow edge from Curb Rash and wear.....I post a pic from the back of teh plow so you can see how worn out my main plow edge is...thats what i want to avoid..
  18. secret_weapon

secret_weapon Senior Member

02DURAMAX: You'll definitley like those extenders! I have 2 seasons on mine and the edge is only worn 1.25". Used to go through 1 a year. Saves a little moneypayup:redbounce
  19. Wicked500R

Wicked500R Senior Member

I think those extenders have carbide wear edges that last a very long time... kind of like hardfacing an excavator bucket for severe use. I want to get a set for my blade.
  20. 02DURAMAX

Thanks Again for teh info on the Xtenders!!!