1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Sno-Way wireless remote.

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Maverick, Oct 12, 2002.

1. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

My dealer just showed it to me. The brain and controller look the same except there is no cord. Runs on 2 "AA" batteries. Dealer wanted $350 bucks. Anybody else got it cheaper? Question is: Does anybody got one and is it proven to work?

2. Jerre Heyer

Jerre Heyer Senior Member

Maverick,

My snoway Rep showed me the unit about a month ago. Said that it was a cost out swap for the standard wiring harness. i.e. no up charge. That was then. As with somethings the roll out can be different than the hype up. Check on the SNOWAY web and look up the suggested retail if they offer it. They had a similar unit several years ago and it was around $350 for the upgrade then. That's why I asked about an upgrade cost now. I was suprised when he said it was a swap out. Press your dealer for details too. Jerre

3. GreginAlaska

GreginAlaska Junior Member
    from Alaska

Hi Maverick, who is the Sno-Way dealer up there? The one in Anchorage went out of business. (I can't think of their name right now)

How old is your Sno-Way and how is it holding up? We had a Lobo V but swapped to Fisher because we had too many problems, but I do know a guy who has had a straight blade Sno-Way for 6 or 7 years and hasn't had any problems.

4. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Jerre,
    My plow is almost a year old so I already have the harness. All the wireless replaces is the 3 strand wire from the brain to the controller. Can't be but 10 bucks in material there.
    Most of the plow mfg web pages seem lacking in their updating. You can't find the latest technology on the web anymore. Don't the mfg'ers care?

Greg,
    The dealer is Custom Truck on Old Seward in Anchorage and on the Parks Hwy in Wasilla. The Sno-Way is junk for commercial plowing. Doesn't hold up. Can't afford a new different brand this year.
    Where do you plow? Commercial or your own?
    I might need shovelers out here in Wasilla if you know anyone looking for work.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2002
  5. GreginAlaska

from Alaska

Hi Maverick, I'm down in Nikiski. The business is my wifes actually, she does mostly residentials and a few smaller commercial lots. I think I have to agree with you on the Sno-Way. She sure loves the Fisher though, I do take it off and on the truck for her and do the maintenance...it is definitly easier than the Sno-Way.

I work up on the slope and work with a lot of guys that live around Wasilla...I'll ask around and see if any of them know young, strong guys that would like to shovel.

I'll get back with you if I find some.

We got about 6 or 8 inches of snow up on the slope the other day, won't be long until it's down there. Good luck plowing this winter!

Greg

6. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Sounds good Greg. I get to Nikiski once in awhile. I deliver metal roofing to Nikiski Building Supply. Get to the refinery's once in awhile also. Talk to you later.

7. Clean Cut Lawns

Clean Cut Lawns Banned

Sno way plow

Going to have to disagree with you guys on the sno way!
    I have had mine for three years now and do nothing but commercial lots and have NEVER had any type of problems!
    SNO WAY now offers a 5 year warranty on the plow how can you beat that!
    Don't know if i like the new wireless control, love the Joy Stick!

8. Bryan

Bryan Senior Member

Regarding the Sno-Way wireless remote

I hope that you guys don't mind me replying to the messages, I am just trying to carry on for my husband Bryan. He would have answered your questions and I feel like I should help when I can. The wireless remote is a wonderful product. Bryan and the other Sno-Way reps were able to use them during the last winter season. He loved the product and continued to use the product at Shows and to demonstrate to his client. As a novis snow plower, I personally loved the product. You can drive and use the remote with the other hand. No wires to get in the way and easy to put into a glove box too. We have a Sno-Way dealer in Indy who sells it cheaper than $350.00. He is going to get back to me tomorrow with his price. I left a message and He told me that his price is cheaper than that. So I will let you guys know if you want. I hope that this is okay to reply to. Just email me on Bryans email on plowsite.com and I will hopefully be able to answer you questions to the best of my ablility. Thank Guys, I hope that I helped. Beth

9. GreginAlaska

from Alaska

Hey Maverick, when you are going out to Nikiski and you pass the school and swimming pool you see a sign on the right side of the road that says "LC Landscaping and Tractor Services" that's us!

Anyways, I buy stuff from Nikiski Building from time to time. Used to work at Union Chemical (Agrium now)

"Going to have to disagree with you guys on the sno way!
    I have had mine for three years now and do nothing but commercial lots and have NEVER had any type of problems!
    SNO WAY now offers a 5 year warranty on the plow how can you beat that!"

Wish we had that kind of luck with ours, We used it for a season and half. It had hoses break 5 times and had fittings that broke 2 or 3 times. The wiring kept screwing up, we went through numerous "Fusible links" (I think that is what they call them) I kept a handfull of them in the truck, my wife got real good at changing them. That phony clamp that holds up the plow when the hydraulics are dead wouldn't even hold up for one trip to Anchorage, it left me stranded on the road in the middle of nowhere. I went through a few of those just roading it back and forth after breakdowns, I finally had a steel one made and coated it with rubber to protect the cylinder...why couldn't Sno-Way at least do that? Oh ya, the lights quit working a couple of times too and the frame broke once. The dealer told us we could take the plow to a place in Kenai and have the hoses fixed and the company would re-imburse us for it, they never did pay up. What good is a warranty that won't pay off? My experience with SnoWay was not good at all.

10. Maverick

Maverick Senior Member

Greg,
    I just delivered to Ron at NBS today. Will look for the sign next trip. I know were you are talking about.

My Sno-Way is up and running now so hopefully it will be OK.