1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

"New" Sno-way ST

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by 90 Jeep, Dec 3, 2013.

1. 90 Jeep

90 Jeep Junior Member

I just picked up a new to me ST80 (wired control, prettly mangled take off 3-point mount from a s-10) that I am having some issues with.
    First I am looking to mount it to my wrangler and trying to figure out if I can do some welding and adapt the mount I have to fit the jeep or if I can find a used one. The previous owner cut the bolt holes out of the old mount but I wouldn't be using the original holes anyway, but since this is an old 3-point mount it seems hard to come by.
    Second has to do with the pump. Sometimes the motor runs fine and the hydraulics work normal speed (the normal fast "buzz/whine" of a hydraulic pump). Other times it hammers like it is in down pressure even when going side to side or lifting. Also the down pressure does not seem to be putting too much pressure at all. I have the plow on my shop floor now hooked to a big deep cycle marine battery and a 100 amp battery charger/starter so I don't believe it's the battery. I do plan to clean the terminals at the ground stud and solenoid terminals but after that not sure what to look at.
    Any help is appreciated.
  2. 90 Jeep

90 Jeep Junior Member