1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Sno way skid steer plow coupler problems

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by tmlawncare, Dec 7, 2013.

1. tmlawncare

tmlawncare Member

Just got a new Snoway plow for my Terex pt30. Plow looks great. I was able to even get a Asv/tered pt30 adapter plate right from snoway. Here is the issue. The plow comes with all the hydralic hoses just zip tied on the frame. Nothing is connected. I use a litte pipe thread compound on the angle cylinders and tighted them down on both sides. I installed the cross over relief valve where it belongs. Here is the real problem. There is no quick connect couplers on the ends of the main hydraulic lines to plug into the skid. I go purchase some flat face 1/2" parker style connectors and they fit the skid perfectly but the do not fit the hydraulic hose ends. Don't get me wrong they screw on very easily. So easy I knew they were too sloppy to ever hold pressure. I tighted it up and probably a half qt of fluid is all over the shop floor leaking right from the hose end/coupler connection. Why would snoway put such screwed up ends on the hoses. Moreover why would they sell products that are not ready to be used. When we purchased a snow blower and angle broom from Erskine it was plug and play. Any suggestions.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2013
  2. 98K3500

98K3500 Member
    from WI

Sounds like you've identified the problem!

I have a compact tractor that accepts SS attachments, and I can tell you that nothing comes with connectors because they don't know what type you have on your unit, though flat-face are now the norm for most all skid-steers.

The plow has different sized hyd. Lines than your Terex. Once you determine the line size, get the appropriate fittings.

I am fitting illiterate, so if it was me, I'd take the hose itself in and have the shop ID the fitting needed (don't ask how I came to that conclusion).

A good shop will exchange the fittings as long as they are not all boogered up!

Good luck!

:eek:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2013