1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Sno-Go Blower on articulated tractor

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by neman, Jan 29, 2009.

1. neman

neman Member
    from Mass

2. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

That's knarly as he!!, it's mounted on a Klass self propelled forage harvester. Great veiw from the cockpit.

3. theonlybull

theonlybull Senior Member

sweet. that's one heck of a machine

4. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

stupid chute design, but other than that i bet its great, especially with the snow tires

5. mmaddox

mmaddox Member

Not a forage chopper, but a relatively new Claas/Mercedes tractor. On some models the cab actually is movable from the front to the middle. And yes, it is very pricey. I have driven them, they are nice, but I still prefer my TV-140.

6. ff1221

ff1221 PlowSite.com Addict

I didn't't realize Klaas made a tractor, we most commonly see their forage harvesters here. That is definitely a neat setup though.

7. SD-Dave

SD-Dave Senior Member
    from Vermont

Clauss tractor is pretty cool...bidirectional...cab turns to point in direction you wish to go.

Very pricey but nice....

Chute design is for truck loading....so very complicated and large.

Tires on tractor are Nokian TRI-2's I have them on my Deere 5525....not a snow tire per se but a Ag tire for multi-usage (no tillage) in Europe....directional radials with high speed rating....ride great and are super in snow too!

Dave

8. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

I wish I had that chute. Mine is ridgid full height and kinda tall when running over the road. That one telescopes down for transport and has a deflector at the top for loading.

9. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

I don't see any hydraulics to lift it up for loading, and what I meant by a stupid looking design is that it looks like it just sprays it all over the ground next to where you are blowing, and it doesn't look like its throwing much if it, because its cut away starting at the bottom. if it does have a hydraulic adjustment thats fine i just can't see any cylinders or hoses

10. mmaddox

mmaddox Member

Claas build a lot of stuff that doesn't make it to the N.A. market. Mercedes also builds stuff that we never see. There have been many joint ventures between the two. Ag equipment in Europe is a lot different in it's use that what we are used to. Just one of which it that a lot of equipment there will run 30-35 mph down the road. The tractor in the picture was designed with that in mind, to pull semi sized trailer on highways. Most of the power units are used as year round as possible.

11. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

The MB Trac is one we don't see here either.

MB Trac.jpg

12. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

Another example.

36.jpg

13. unimogr

unimogr Senior Member

You can see the small cylinder up top for adjusting the top most section. On the center section it looks like you can see the base of the cylinder which works the linkage to drop the section down for transport.

Not sure why all that powder is blowing out that way. I don't get it coming out of mine like that and neither does my neighbors blower.

Either way that's a mighty nice Claas.