1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New sneakers!!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by rywnygc, Oct 21, 2011.

1. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

Got the new winter rubber put on the main truck. These are Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs 265/75/16.

Before:
    [​IMG]

After:
    [​IMG]

So fresh and so clean clean...
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I love these tires!

2. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

oh and the plow was installed yesterday, but I don't have pics yet.

3. MikeRi24

MikeRi24 Senior Member

bout time! truck looks good man!

4. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

600-800?..

5. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

832.00 cash deal

Thanks Mike...a little different then the last time you saw it huh.

6. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

I'm looking for another one right now, but I was a little spoiled with a Colorado truck and all of the trucks I am looking at just seem like rust buckets.

7. H&HPropertyMait

H&HPropertyMait Senior Member

Keep us updated on how those duratrac's treat you, i think i want a set for next winter on my 99 2500 cummins.

8. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

The tires look great. I have been thinking about putting the same tires on my Chevy.

9. cda817

cda817 Senior Member

I put duratracs on my 250 and toyo open country A/T on my 350 to see which ones worked better and the duratracs have slightly more traction however the toyo's are holding up to the miles better.

10. campkd6

campkd6 Senior Member

Thats cheap around here they are 1000 installed. Even buying them though my source for semi tires they are 225 each plus mount and balance and stuff. And tire prices are going up 10% the first of Nov.

11. BUFF

BUFF PlowSite Fanatic
    from FR NoCo

Been running a set on my 08 and very pleased with them. I'm just at 35K on them and they're just about down to the wear bars. Planning on running them again and I put a set on my 97 last week, 265/75/16-E, $930.00.

12. 09dieselguy

09dieselguy Senior Member

you will love the duratraks. i love mine. awesome in the snow

13. H&HPropertyMait

How are they doing on the diesel?

14. DaveCN5

DaveCN5 Senior Member

I had Dura Tracs on my Silverado before I sold it. Awesome tires. Never got stuck with them. Much better than the Bridgestone's I had.

15. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

Sorry for the late response, I've been working my butt off.

I will. As of now, Im at I about 600 miles. I like that I get the beefy look but I do not hear the annoying whaaaaa as I drive down the road.

I have a pretty god tire guy right down the road. Normally they are 220 + NY's wonderful 8.75% tax. So paying cash, I got them for 208 ea.

That's what I've read on several tire threads on here. I figure that if they make my life a little easier in the Western New York snow, they are worth the money to me.

Actually, not bad. I had firestones on it first. They were a much less aggressive tire. I haven't noticed too much of a difference yet. I will let you know more once I have filled up ten times or so.

16. H&HPropertyMait

Actually, not bad. I had firestones on it first. They were a much less aggressive tire. I haven't noticed too much of a difference yet. I will let you know more once I have filled up ten times or so.[/QUOTE]

Sounds good, I appreicate it. I cant really believe what i hear because all the reviews on these tires are based on 5000 lb vehicles, we have 3 maybe even 4 thousand pounds on them so i like hearing from diesel guys about tires.

17. joshg

joshg Senior Member
    from VT

You guys studding the duratrac's? I thought they looked like a very good versatile tire. I found a set of the bfg commercial tractions on craigslist lightly used though so at about half the cost..I went for used in a stock size. Interested to see how the truck does with them, I'm not going to studd.

They look sharp.

18. 85 Toyota 22R

85 Toyota 22R Member
    from IL

I have duratac's on my s10 and I am not very impressed at all. They do not hold a candle to the bfg all terrains I had on it before. They do work great in mud, but in snow and ice and even rain they suck balls....

19. kevlars

kevlars Senior Member

You're NUTS!! And, yes, I have both Duratracs and AT KO's. The Duratracs have better traction and are quieter. I would have the Duratracs over KO's anyday.]

kevlars

20. rywnygc

rywnygc Member
    from 14033

I have had the BFG AT's, not on this truck but on others. I like them, but I do not like the noise they put off. As I posted earlier, These don't have that waaaa sound going down the road. I like that about them. All I want to hear is my turbo diesel whistling!