1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new skin?

Discussion in 'Sno-Way Discussion' started by BRAAAP, Nov 17, 2007.

1. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

im not sure weather its a 25 or 26 but any one have a clue what a steel skin would cost? Thanks Rob

2. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

It is very easy to identify what blade it is. What is the serial # on the blade frame? It will be located on the blade rib.

3. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

help

ya thats my problem its all ben sanded off or painted over i can't find any numbers and i just striped and painted every piece:dizzy: any help would be great? want pics?

4. hydro_37

hydro_37 PlowSite Veteran
    from iowa

Just checked on a new plastic skin and it was $250.

5. toby4492

Are you the original owner of the plow? If not do you have any idea how old it is? The 26 has only been on the market for a couple of seasons.

6. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

hey thanks hydro!

No a farmer down the road from me had it before me and it sat in his barn with a hole in it i know its 5+ year's old and it has DP

7. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Send Pictures, we can play name that plow.

Winner gets a free can of Fluid Film!!!!!!!!!!! conditions apply see Dano50 for more details:jester:

8. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

9. toby4492

Thanks for the pics. The plow is either a 24 or 25 series. What is the blade width?

If 90" part # for the replacement poly is 96100818
    If 96" part # 96100819

10. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

My guess is 7'6" , the deflector looks like it has only one hole in the ends. there would be 2 if it were 8'

11. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

Just go to a glass shop and price out a piece of lexan same size and thickness. That is all it is. Might be cheaper than snoway's actual skin. I had to get a wiring kit for the headlight hookup on my plow because I lost a single contact due to corrosion. Bag full of shrinkwrap, crappy butt connectors and four plugs with wire tails cost $85. Total rip

12. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

thanks

Hey thanks for all of the help!!!:drinkup:

13. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

I removed my steele skin last fall, sent it out for sandblasting, primed it & painted it persian orange. It looks way cool with the black frame and people see that 9' bad boy coming and give me the road, sometimes :D

14. BRAAAP

BRAAAP Senior Member

YA still have not fig out yet if i want to go poly again or steel. Any info? Thanks

15. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

I like poly. Lighter and sheds snow better IMO, plus it looks trick.

16. lawn king

lawn king PlowSite.com Addict

Basher, is the lexan the most expensive snoway skin? thankx, scott.

17. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

i'm no expert but that looks identical to my 25D, but they all might look the same. also i just ordered a new skin and the poly was $200 and the steel was $170.

18. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

No the Stainless Steel is the most expensive

19. Donny O.

Donny O. Senior Member

I jsut ordered one and the steel was cheaper!?!?!? will double check when i pick it up tomorrow.

20. toby4492

Price range in order would be steel, poly, stainless steel