1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Skid & Trailer (262c)

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by Remstar, Sep 29, 2011.

1. Remstar

Remstar Member

Hey got my new Cat 262c (fully loaded w/ highflow and air ride) and trailer today, thought I would take some pics and share. Tested the machine out today and it ran like a CHAMP! I am certain that I made the right choice by going CAT. Only downfall is it doesn't have a radio.
    I have a 9' Kage system coming soon for this unit (ordered and in transit). I did end up buying trailer #2 with the full fold ramps. After the first few loads...It is awsome... no fear at all of making loading adjustments, no wobbling, perfect angle, great trailer highly recommend this style to anyone else looking(no worrying about hydrolic valves or extra rams to maintain).

Will post more pics once Kage arrives.

photo (8).JPG

photo (4).jpg

photo (6).jpg

photo.jpg

Last edited: Sep 29, 2011
  2. ADMSWELDING

ADMSWELDING Senior Member

Awesome machine looks great,Good luck with it.Thumbs Up

3. I HATE RUST

I HATE RUST Senior Member
    from PA

SWEET setup, Time to make some $$$payup

4. shaunnshelly

shaunnshelly Senior Member

Nice CAT..

5. Brian Young

Brian Young PlowSite Veteran

OOOOOLALA! Very nice. next year looking for another skid and thats one I was looking at. Keep us posted how it pushes that Kage. Whats the HP and weight of the machine?

6. Plow man Foster

Plow man Foster PlowSite.com Addict

Very nice machine..its going to be our first year using it also. If i recall correctly its about 82(ish) HP and not quite 8k pounds.....Very heavy/powerful machine, GOTTA BE CAREFUL!
    And thats weird yours didnt come with a radio....mine did. Im sure you can add on though.

7. Remstar

Remstar Member

I was considering snow wolf tires for the winter, But I noticed the skid tires are only E rated Tires on rims, Was planning on just purchasing a set of e Rated winter truck tires and mounting them on Ford rims, Price tag is about $800 less. Yes or no? Seems like it would work fine, weight rating is the same.

8. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Looks goods! Its just like the one I have. Mine did come with a radio but I didn't care for the location of it so I bought a Jensen JHD910 and relocated it. I to will be push the white gold this winter. I looked into going with the ford wheels a truck tires, but read some bad reviews on this setup like, wheels not holding up to the side load and cracking. I didn't wanna have to worry about that so I check into ag wheels and then buying truck tires for them, the cost was going to be around the same as the snow wolfs and they came mounted so that what I went with. I will be pushing 8-13 HLA Snow wing this winter. Good luck and keep us posted!

9. Showmestaterida

Showmestaterida Senior Member

Sweet setup, What did the skid cost? new?

10. Remstar

Remstar Member

My plan is to buy 2 sets of e rated Blizzak 965 265/70r17. One studed set for my truck and a studless set for the skid to mount on a set of ford rims. Local price for just the wolf paws was 1900, I can get all the tires for 2300.

can anyone else confirm that they will or will not work on the skid?

11. Greenmtboy

Greenmtboy Senior Member
    from Vermont

Wow, for $1900 I guess I would look else where too!

12. Remstar

Remstar Member

New Kage Blade

My kage System came today, Thought I would post some pics here.

They even sent a bible with it to help with praying for snow this year.

IMG_0527.jpg

IMG_0530.jpg

IMG_0533.jpg

IMG_0535.jpg

13. Remstar

Remstar Member

It all looks very well made and heavy duty. The only problem I found was that the yellow sleeve to cover the hydraulic lines was too short and popped loose almost immediately, leaving a exposed line. Other than that Everything looks great.

14. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

That's sweet right there!

15. magnum1

magnum1 Senior Member
    from ID & ND

Radio ?

You don't need no stinking radio, You'll be singing all the way to the bank. Nice machine
    Hope it fulfills all your needspayup

16. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Good looking machine. I think my next machine will be a 262c.
    What brand is that trailer?
    Robert

17. Kristin Stephan

Kristin Stephan Sponsor

Nice Pics!! I'm sorry to hear about the hose sleeve. If you would like we can send you a new one. Once you use your system let us know what you think:)

18. weareweird69

weareweird69 Senior Member

Awesome setup. Just dont let debris set in the bottom of the loader body, under the seat. Had a Cat at work yesterday blow a line because it rusted through since it sits in all the crap that collects in the bottom of the machine.

19. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

http://loadtrail.com/new_products.cfm
    I came across this looks like the same unit for the trailer.

20. Remstar

Remstar Member

Yep, same trailer, love this option.