1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New skid steer!!!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by JaimeG, Aug 18, 2009.

1. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

My dad bought a new to him skid steer yesterday, he wants to paint it, how would you guys go about doing this?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. ultimate plow

ultimate plow PlowSite.com Addict
    from N. IL

jeeze how many skids you got? lol. nice lookin machine.

3. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Yeah, my dad has two, and my uncle has another two. I bet it'll look even better when its all painted up. Its just that we've never painted anything before.

4. RichG53

RichG53 PlowSite.com Addict

Most of it looks ok !!! Just do some touch ups !!!!!!!

5. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

We were thinking of doing that, but since its 7 years old, the colors might look different.

6. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Paint?! That thing is brand new :p How many hours on it

7. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

Its a 2002 with exactly 1000.6 hours on it.

8. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

damn thats one hell of a machine you got there, not sure why you would paint it tho, as said earlier, that thing looks brand new! nice buy!

9. 2005_Sierra

2005_Sierra Senior Member

what do you plan on using it for? if it's anything construction related i'd just leave it as is.

10. badabing1512

badabing1512 Senior Member

oh and, how much did you get it for if you dont mind me asking?:cool:

11. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

We paid $17,400, we couldn't get it any lower so we told the guy to throw in some extras, he gave us two chains and binders, and an old spare rim and tire. Tim Kingren was a cool guy out in Buck Bros in Hampshire, IL. List price was $17,900 plus tax.

We only use the skids for snow pushing/plowing, but occasionally around the house to move things around.

12. 2005_Sierra

then i would probably give it a quick and cheap paint job, but remember does fresh paint make you anymore money?

13. RBRONKEMA GHTFD

RBRONKEMA GHTFD 2000 Club Member

I wouldn't paint that thing. Its brand new.

14. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

No but it sure as he11 looks better working doesn't it. LOL

15. Longae29

Longae29 PlowSite.com Addict

take a grinder to all the rusted spots, get some JD yellow, paint a little spot, see how it dries, then mix in some white to match up to the paint thats existing which is probably a bit faded.

16. 2005_Sierra

oh they defiantly look better all new looking,

17. JaimeG

JaimeG Senior Member

I think this is what were going to have to do. Grind or sand the rust off, prime it, paint it with a brush, then spray the whole thing down a little to make the color match.

18. Brant'sLawnCare

Brant'sLawnCare PlowSite.com Addict

Nice buy! I wish I could afford one of those. It would make my life a lot easier sometimes.

19. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

x2. It would make life a lot easier. And my motocross track in the field would be about 10x better then it is now. Having to barrow bobcats sucks,lol