1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Skid Steer

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 4x4Farmer, Sep 10, 2008.

1. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

We traded one of the 8875 deeres for a New Holland L185. Things pretty sweet. I think the skid guys are going to have to draw straws! lol Sorry the pics were taken with my phone cause I haven't replaced my camera that got run over by a semi yet! lol

New Snow Bucket!

Holy crap a radio!!!
  2. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

Looks Good 4x4....cant wait for ur vids...! Winter is coming!:gunsfiring:
  3. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

nice unit, cant wait to see some vids of it in action.. what are your first impressions of it coompared to the deeres you ran?
  4. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

And who exactly is "we"? Is "we" you and your co-owner or is "we" me and my boss?

Nice skid.............
  5. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

looking good have you decided on if putting a on top yet and is the xm radio nice touch :cool: can't wait fro the high quality videos
  6. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Havent drove it yet, it was raining out tonight and i dident want to get it all muddy. I think we'll like it, the interior is a step up and this one has ride control. I'll let you know what the guys say when it starts snowing out.

oh boy, lets start this agian!!!!!! It is the bosses equipment, but another guy and I run the snow business for him, so I guess we just say we. Even the boss says our equipment, not my equipment.
  7. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

yea i agree, i cant believe people still gotta roll those dice. as an owner id feel that much better hearing my guys taking ownership of the equipment because theres no doubt that they will treat it that much better and take care of it...

you better get yourself a new camera, winter will be hear before you know it and were all going to be waiting for the vids :cool:

ps is that getting a pusher box, or are you guys going to run with the bucket?
  8. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

We do have a pusher that will run on one of the skids, but we still need a bucket to back drag some tight spots.
  9. 02DURAMAX

02DURAMAX PlowSite.com Addict

New Hollands are awesome!!
  10. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking skid.
  11. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

nice machine good luck with her I think if i had to get a new machine it would be the NH always like the ease of service and long wheel base.
  12. 06HD BOSS

06HD BOSS 2000 Club Member

very nice. im interested in hearing how your guys think it compares to the deere
  13. cretebaby

cretebaby PlowSite Veteran

wont really be fair to compare to a decade+ old deere, im willing to bet the new holland is nicer/better
  14. 4x4Farmer

4x4Farmer Senior Member

Thats what I was thinking also. They have come along way sence those 8875s, dont get me wrong, nothing wrong with those, they are a great machine. Should be a good machine though!
  15. SNO-PRO

SNO-PRO Member

Nice Machine! 8875s were new hollands with a John deere sticker, so it should compare well but with modern ammenities
  16. ctd992500

ctd992500 Senior Member

Thats a reall nice skid ! Some people just got make comments like that because they wish their guys would take that much pride and likeing in their companys. Good luck with YOUR MACHINE this year.
  17. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Does it have the pilot controls? I'm looking at getting a skid steer for my next big purchase. I'm looking at New Holland, Deere, and Bobcat. My main thing I have to have is the pilot controls. Problem with Deere is the smallest one you can get pilots on is the 325. I guess its an excuse to get a larger one, but its more money that way lol.

Anyways, good luck with her and like others have said, be sure to keep us posted on how she compares, and runs in general.
  18. cretebaby

merrimac, i could be wrong but you will need to get the 325 to get a 2 speed anyway
  19. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Ya, I'm pretty sure I would need to. But how useful is the two speed option? I've never owned a skid so I don't really know. Sorry 4x4, I don't mean to hijack your thread. Just some normal skid talk, yanno how it goes hah.
  20. cretebaby

im assuming it is for plowing snow, most of the fellas on here would say it is a must, but i run a JD250 and JD320 both single speed and they work great for what i do