1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Skid Steer Has Arrived!

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ringahding1, Nov 13, 2012.

1. ringahding1

ringahding1 Senior Member

The past three seasons I have been battling the idea of getting a skid steer. Well, demand for service has pretty much forced my hand this year! Now it can SNOW!

[​IMG][​IMG]
    r[​IMG]

2. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

nice looking bobcat are u going to put a pusher or plow on it?

3. ringahding1

I would love to, just tapped out of $$$. I have a couple buddies with plow trucks that are going to help us with one big commercial we have, plus I have 2 plow trucks.

Although I have seen some super deals on Craigs List, just cannot drop another $1k here and there before winter....Contracts got me budgeted through May.

Bobcat's leasing program is somewhat of a joke, for what they wanted for a season, i could pay $1k more per year and own the darn thing.

4. Morrissey snow removal

Morrissey snow removal PlowSite.com Addict

i know what u mean when u dont have the money u cant get something good luck with it this yr

5. Banksy

Banksy PlowSite Veteran

You could just throw a cheap and beat up Meyer blade on it. Those things are a dime a dozen. Nice looking skid.

6. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

I found a 7.5 P/A set up with a plate for my 753 for $350.

7. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

ringahding1, I sent you a Private Message.

8. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Very nice! Is that an 88in snow bucket?

9. Polarismalibu

Polarismalibu PlowSite Fanatic

Your only leasing it? Check craigslist for a cheep blade. I see them on there all the time around the city's

10. ringahding1

I'm not leasing. What I meant was Bobcat's leasing program for the winter season(5 months) was a $1k less than me making payments on it for a year.

Do not get me wrong you get a trailer with it and replacement right away if something goes wrong(but you also get that with their warranty). But I just purchased a brand new 18' skid trailer for $3,500(tax included) @ Forest Lake Trailer so now I own that.
    I would love to find a cheap blade I can throw on it.

11. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Forest Lake MN? I have a 9' Meyer blade for $500. Would need a push plate and your time.

12. ringahding1

Yes Forest Lake, MN. Yes I would need a plate...PM or call me 651-428-3992. The only real thing I know about skids is the actual maintenance and operation. Obviously this is my first skid purchase, but not my first equipment purchase.

13. BigBoyPlowin

BigBoyPlowin Senior Member

BE CAREFUL USING THAT BUCKET!!!!!!

I know money is tight but use the right equipment for the job. The first piece of raised concrete or curb you hit with it going full Mid speed you're either going to take the Curb out or be in the windshield. That bucket will work perfectly for moving piles/ snow relocation

14. rob_cook2001

rob_cook2001 2000 Club Member

Nice skid!! 88in snow bucket??

15. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Maybe its a secret Rob? lol

16. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

He told me it's a 80" bucket.

17. ringahding1

My bad, yes it is a 80"...there is only one commercial account we have that I will have concerns regarding curbs and uneven concrete. I will be working side by side with the operator helping to push snow. This will hopefully get us to next snow season with a blade for the skid(Just tapped out of $$$$)