1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Skid Steer and New Shop

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Nov 4, 2009.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well, big day today. I picked up our new skid steer, well used, but new to me bought it from another landscaper I know well. He is shutting down so I've been buying a lot of his stuff. Its a case 85xt w/ cab and heat. Came with tooth bucket, forks, 9 foot snow bucket, and 9 foot plow. Getting used to the H pattern, I really prefer the ISO pattern, but the price was right and it just worked out, so I can get used to it. Has 2500 hours or so on it. We got a larger account (around 6 acres) this year so I plan on leaving it on site there. It kind of needs a paint job in my opinion. Its not bad, but everything else I have is new and shiny, so I really do need to paint it. Where are guys getting the correct color Case paint? The dealer?

The new shop is right across the alley from my existing one. Its a 20X40 with a second floor loft style thing built into it. The other one is a 20X80. This will be set up more as a "shop" with all the tools, welders, parts, and the other one is pretty much truck, trailer and plow storage.

photo.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo1.jpg

Last edited: Nov 4, 2009
  2. Mike S

Mike S PlowSite.com Addict

Nice! Looks Good!

3. wannabeplowing

wannabeplowing Senior Member

Congrats on the new skid and shop hope the skid serves you well this winter! Need someone to come run it for ya this winterxysport

4. merrimacmill

from MA

Thanks, Ya actually I do! haha

5. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Nice setup there.

6. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Nice looking place, your sure not scared of the monthiles. Good Luck. :drinkup:

7. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

You can get it from case sunbelt in woburn will have what you looking for . there was another place out of NY magna paints or something like that they sell all kinds of color and good paint.

8. highlander316

highlander316 Senior Member

looks good! So you are keeping two shops? What is rent like in your area? I'd love to have something that size, but around here it's ridiculous $$$.

9. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good. Can you post a picture of the 9ft snow bucket? Good luck with the skidsteer this winter.

10. nicksplowing

nicksplowing PlowSite.com Addict

looks like a nice skidder good luck with everything this year :drinkup:

11. snocrete

snocrete Banned

Congrats, and good luck with your new stuff.....where's the pusher/plow for the kubota?

12. Black01Z

Black01Z Member
    from VT

That Kubota = Awesome

13. merrimacmill

from MA

Actually, I am haha. I buy my stuff out right, paid cash for the skidder. Got a little left to go on my 3500 dump, but thats it. I don't like the commitment of financing, probably similar to how I cannot begin to think of the commitment of marriage haha.

14. merrimacmill

from MA

Yes I am, in total they're 2,400 square feet and I am paying $900 a month total including electricity in both. Can park my stuff out front of the bays too.

15. cold_and_tired

cold_and_tired PlowSite.com Addict

Man I am so full of jealous rage right now.

16. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Cheap rents up there no way i could rent anything like that inculding heat and electric for that much a month never mind it not being NNN

17. merrimacmill

from MA

I don't have heat, but most everything is extremely expensive around here which is why this place is sort of a hidden gem. I'm not sure why it is so cheap, but it would explain why there is almost 20 landscapers in the same complex haha.

18. Montosi82

Montosi82 Member

nice set-up... good luck this winter

19. 2brothersyc

2brothersyc Member

looks good when it go 2 the lowes?

20. sjosephlawncare

sjosephlawncare Senior Member

more pics of kubota.........please