1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Skid Prices?!...

Discussion in 'Heavy Equipment' started by Mick76, Dec 18, 2010.

1. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Just checked out my local Cat dealer for the possibility of another skid..... for a 262
    2 speed the total would be 48K with tax! only a one year warranty? I don't like that fact at all but I can "purchase" a 3 year extended... what a bunch of crap... Anyway, does anyone have a good place to purchase a used machine (even if its in the spring or summer months). Closer to the north east the better....
  2. DaytonBioLawns

DaytonBioLawns Banned
    from 45458

Last time I checked Cat had a nicer machine and it was competitive with the bobcat in the Dayton OH area... You have to travel further for Cat.... but they were comparable.... I think someone wanted to give you a $10K run for your money.... cause that is about that high to what I saw....

Maybe I saw rebates or not their "packaged" deal or whatever but 38K is what I was told on the same machine.... maybe I should have bought it..... IDK but skid steers are pricey...

Check bobcat and check deere. Deere has a good machine out now and it tends to be a lil less payup

I'm in the market as well. 18-25K can get you a full size machine, bucket, forks, and trailer with low hours..... A lot of guys got repo'd just search out there... you will find them! The best time to buy I find is the fall.... at least in dayton OH.

Good luck searching. There is a big used market now!
  3. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

4. Maxamillion67

Maxamillion67 Member

Mick, read post # 6 of the Bobcat S650 VS CAT 252B series 3 thread. Below is the link to the thread.

"I was quoted $32900.00 for the Cat and $37100.00 for the Bobcat. Both fully loaded. And the Bobcat with ACS controls so they were apples to apples. Like I said right now my local Bobcat dealer is going back to the factory to try and get money back to match Cats pricing. The way I look at it either way it is a win-win situation. Its is hard to find a used machine for that price."

5. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Thanks, I did read that thread earlier... the one I was looking at was the new c series... of course i wanted to have everything with the skid including 2 speed... I couldn't even get a used 262 with 400 hours on it for under 36K... freakin crazy with the pricing.... I might do as others suggested and buy on privately... Theres no way I'm paying 40-50 grand for a machine that does snow only (damn they were comfortable though).....but thanks for your imput....
  6. icudoucme

icudoucme Senior Member

I'm sure you already checked this out tho. You can purchase the 3 year warranty on any used machine, and if you finance they have pretty good rates. right now I think it's 4.5% If you have good credit you can probably get it down to 3.99%.

I've never researched the wheeled machines much so i don't know who has the fasted ground speed, but I do know one thing for sure..The CAT's are sure comfy!

7. Mick76

Mick76 2000 Club Member
    from Maine

Thanks for the link...... its the 2 speed option thats killing me with the price..... either I pay the new price (no way) or I get a machine with 2K hours for 30-35K... not happy about that either.... my single speed 2002 248 cat I bought from a private sale with the snow pusher for 14K... it had 1700 hours.... Thats reasonable but I know I won't find a 2 speed machine for that price.... I'd like to find one for 20k-25k with low hours.... I know i'm being picky but I can wait for the right machine to come my way..... thanks again

SMLCAT Member