1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Skid/New Snowblower For Tractor Pics

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by ColumbiaLand, Dec 29, 2009.

1. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

Here is the 248 cat loading salt for the first time and the snow blower we just got for the 955 John Deere. Hopefully it will be getting used late this week when we get that coastal storm. Let me know what you think

2. heavyiron

heavyiron Member

Will you be working the CAT on any sites or is it just for loading trucks? The blower looks good on the JD, too.
  3. ColumbiaLand

The only machine on site this year is my cat wheel loader with 12' pusher. I'm going to use the cat skid around here for now and for loading salt. Next year I'm looking at buying an arctic pusher for the loader and getting a pusher for the cat. I think it could handle a 10' Box. The snow blower is a great addition
  4. ColumbiaLand

Hopefully I will be using the blower, forecast is looking good for the weekend,lots of long periods of light snow for fri and sat
  5. ColumbiaLand

so much for that big storm. Were just going to get a bunch of light snow but still something to do!

THE-BOSS-PLOWS Senior Member

Nice Cat And John Deere
  7. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

looking good.. and that storm for this weekend is a bi disappointment here also
  8. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

nice equipment! How do you like the salt dogg so far? That is my next purchase, the 2 yard model. I almost bought a 2005 Cat 236b skid earlier this year, but we couldn't come to a deal on it. Very nice machines though. I prefer the ISO controls rather than the H pattern that my Case has. But at the price I paid for the case, I can and have gotten use to it haha.
  9. EGLC

EGLC PlowSite.com Addict

How old are you?? And how many accounts do you have? How long have you been in business?

Sorry for all the questions :waving:

I'm also disappointed on this bust of a storm!! First year plowing and I'm LOVING IT.
  10. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

Sweet equipment.
  11. ColumbiaLand

Been in business since 2003, formed my corporation at 18 I'm now 21. We handle about 80% Commercial accounts and 20% Residential. Yeah that coastal storm sucks but were still going to get about 4" by Sunday morning with all the light stuff. Enough to plow a few times and run the loader.
  12. ColumbiaLand

The salt dogg is very nice, I'm going to get rid of my stainless v box on the 04 white F250 and get another salt dogg and just keep the stainless v box I have for the F550. The nice part is you can take them off and stand them up so minimal storage space inside for summer and they are very easy to maintain. I love the controls in the cat. My bobcat before the cat had hand and foot controls and its nice just with two hand controls. I' looking around now at a harley rake for the skid and it would be nice because the machine is 80hp high flow and it would run it great and save us a ton of time on lawn work.
  13. blowerman

blowerman PlowSite.com Addict

so, did you climb out with the loader arms up to take the picture? I don't mint the cats controls, just not the radial lift machines.
  14. Sam_French

Sam_French Junior Member

Could you post the tire and wheel combo for the CAT 248? I have a JD 325
    just doing some homework.

Happy New Year

15. fordf350super

fordf350super Junior Member

how does your f250 handle the weight when it gets loaded with the sand salt mix?
  16. JDWalkbehind

JDWalkbehind Senior Member

very cool, what kind and size tire are you running on the 250?
  17. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

Looks good, you got some nice equipment and I like that Ford too.
  18. born2farm

born2farm 2000 Club Member

How do you like that deere? I have been thinking about getting something like that for doing residentials. Are you using it for sidewalks only?
  19. ColumbiaLand

It handles the weight fine, The trucks had the heavy duty timbrens in the front and back. We don't use and sand just straight salt.
  20. ColumbiaLand

Cooper Discoverer STT They are two sizes bigger than stock! They are great in the snow.