1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New skid loader

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by sonicvanek, Jan 20, 2009.

1. sonicvanek

sonicvanek Junior Member

Here are a few pics my new bobcat. Sure is nice to be in a heated cab !! 100_1083.jpg

100_1084.jpg

100_1085.jpg

100_1086.jpg

100_1083.jpg

100_1084.jpg

100_1085.jpg

100_1086.jpg

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

looks good, i really like the door/windshield and wiper compared to my older Gehl.

3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

nice little guywesport

4. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

the new ones for the Gehl are nice like this one... heat is good! all i wear is a t shirt, sweatshirt jeans and my Red Wings.... when i plow... and even than im hot and have to open a window...

5. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

someday i'll have one.....i've had to add a 12v heater for the back glass and just this year i added a 12v fan blowing back to front to try to keep the windshield from fogging over...

6. Dlongerman

Dlongerman Senior Member
    from IL

wow i guess i live in the lap of luxury lol the older one that i run blows good too sorry that ur having trouble...

7. riverwalkland

riverwalkland Senior Member

Good thing the wheels are orange, otherwise you might loose it in the snow !

8. sonicvanek

sonicvanek Junior Member

Has anyone ever installed a radio in a bobcat? If so, tell me your thoughts or ideas.

9. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Mind me asking what you paid out the door for that machine? Did you end up with the pilot controls, or just standard hand/foot? Nice machine, and good luck with her.

10. sonicvanek

sonicvanek Junior Member

It has the standard controls although i would like to have tried Bobcat's joystick controls not the ACS. Mine has the A71 package on it, which comes with: Heated cab, AC, Power bobtach, Deluxe insturment panel, suspension seat, sound package, horn and backup alarm. I paid $25,500 with taxes plus 0% interest for 50 months. If i would have had the cash i could have got it for $2000 less. I really like it though. Only thing i wish it had was 2 speed but it basically doesn't leave my acreage so i can get by w/o it. Pretty good deal though i thought !

11. OakhillsSnowdiv

OakhillsSnowdiv Member
    from mass

thats a nice size bucket wish mine was that big did you upgrade it or did it come like that as like a dealer special cause its the winter ?

12. sonicvanek

sonicvanek Junior Member

yeah it is a nice size bucket. in fact it's the biggest bucket that the machine's rated for . It's a 88" snow bucket. It was a used bucket but like new. I left the new 68" bucket with the dealer and give them a 48" landplane on trade for this used bucket. Plus the bucket had a cutting edge on it. Dad had a dirt bucket already that i can use.

13. seventwenty

seventwenty Member

AFAIK, Bobcat sells all-weather radio/cd-players to install into your machine, you have the sound deadening package so it would be similar to listening to the radio in a toolcat. Is $25,500 roughly average price of the 185:confused:

edit: the C series Cats come with radio/cd-players :blush2:

edit2: I'd ninja rig the radio myself, get two little all weather speakers and mount them somewhere to the metal cab, mount a small car radio with aux. input on the side of your chair (make a small box of thin MDF and carpet it with that same gray marine carpet), and run your tunes off an ipod so they don't skip when you clip a curb plowing! Check your owners manual for a accessory fuse you can use for the radio.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2009
  14. sonicvanek

sonicvanek Junior Member

well the list price on the machine was 36 i was told. when i was checking prices i was finding 2-3 yr old machine with 500 plus hours on it for as much if not more money.

15. Supper Grassy

Supper Grassy Senior Member

Nice bobcat

16. Bruce'sEx

Bruce'sEx Senior Member

Ah love the new bobcat smell, and look

17. ross3031

ross3031 Senior Member

25K for a S185 is about average. 36K is crazy money. Our last T190 was 42K and a T190will do twice the work of a S185. Alot more power, traction, very little ground disturbance, etc...

That is one big bucket for a 185. I dont think i'd be trying to load alot of stone or soil with it though, that'll be damn hard on the machine.

The pilot controls are the way to go, once you know what your doing, everything is so much smoother and faster. I've run dozers and excavators with hydrostatic controls for years though so maybe its just easier for me. I tell people that ask to spend the little extra money and get them.

18. seventwenty

seventwenty Member

He mentioned his dad had a dirt bucket if need be ;) Also the S185 is rated from Bobcat with 61hp and a lift cap. of 1850 lbs while the T190 is 66hp and 1900 lbs. I'll agree with the electronic controls available, I understand you can switch them between two different modes, H pattern (left stick front to back drives the left side right stick from to back drives the right and the left and right tilt operate the boom and bucket respectively) or S pattern (left stick is all drive and right stick is all bucket/boom), can anyone confirm/deny on the new machines?! I also understand Bobcat has followed suit with Cat and now offers a foot pedal throttle with its electronic control machines :drinkup:

OP, I'd get yourself one of the radio controls for a late x-mas present and operate your machine from the lay-z-boy in the living room!

19. blk90s13

blk90s13 PlowSite.com Addict

I like the machine alot one day I wanna get one when I grow a little bigger in the business

20. sonicvanek

sonicvanek Junior Member

remember i said list price. everything has high list price. yes a track machine will always have more traction then a wheel machine but i beg to differ about a T190 doing twice the work of a S185. T190 is only rated for 1900 while the S185 is 1850.