1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New SIMA Contracts

Discussion in 'Business Fundamentals' started by Chrisxl64, Oct 19, 2009.

1. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

New SIMA contracts are now available on their website www.sima.org in the learning center, seem to be pretty squared away, though I haven't read all of them yet. Could be a useful resource for a lot of people.

2. TonawandaNY

TonawandaNY Senior Member

What is the cost to join Sima?

3. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

4. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

ehhh hemm you can use ANYONE as a referral, and prices vary on your needs, they are listed on the site

5. TonawandaNY

Wow... 180.00 bucks? what am I really going to get that is of value?

I only have 24 contracts...

6. grandview

130.00 if you use me as a referral!:D

It's like any other membership,it you don't use the resources they offer then you get nothing out of it.

7. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

you get access to the learning center has a bunch of premade templates, contracts, forms, and basic bidding guidelines, get a magazine(Snow Business), discounts on seminars, and puts your name on a bunch of mailing lists, and gets you access to some RFP's

129 bucks if you use me as a referral,,,(I'll mail you the dollar) :) :)

8. TonawandaNY

I think I am going get through my first year of plowing on my own and see what happens next year...

I am starting to get alot more of " I already have a service or contract" when I knock on doors. Although, folks I handed flyers out to back in September are also starting to call as it is getting colder and darker earlier.

I wish I had a pull plow, I am glad I did not spend the money though as I am waiting to see if I am going to fill up this season. Another 10-12 more and I think I am going to call the ball.

I am also waiting to hear back on my only commercial proposal I handed out also.

9. TonawandaNY

You guys are funny!!! fighting over the referal...LOL

10. Chrisxl64

Chrisxl64 Senior Member
    from CT

If your brandy new or seasoned, SIMA offers some good stuff for all,,,its by no means a bible of the biz but another tool in the box, and if you are born from royal blood or have a holy legacy, maybe you can one day become a CSP :laughing:

11. ERICS LAWN CARE

ERICS LAWN CARE Member

what is a RFP? sounds like you get leads on snow customers? How many have you gotten?

12. Triple L

Triple L PlowSite Fanatic
    from Canada

IMO, just the sima magazines are well worth the cost... I've learnt so much cause of all the pictures in those magazines :D

Use me as a referall and I'll send you $5.00 of monopoly money.... Opps, I mean Canadian money :drinkup:

13. forestfireguy

forestfireguy PlowSite.com Addict

An RFP is a Request For Proposal...............and play nice now ladies!!!!

14. ERICS LAWN CARE

ERICS LAWN CARE Member

have many of you received snow accounts from joining the membership?

15. grandview

You really don't receive them. Seminars that they offer show you how to put a bid together and other things to make you stand out from the guy with a price on the back of a gum wrapper.

PS If you join put Grandview as your referral!:drinkup:

16. TCLA

TCLA 2000 Club Member

I crack up more every time I see this!

If you don't win next year something is just not right.:drinkup: