1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Silverado HD's

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Northland, Feb 9, 2007.

1. Northland

Northland Senior Member

I stopped in to the local dealer today to check out the new 2500HD. They had a LT1 Ext. Cab Short box there with a 6.0l.

I liked a few things.

First and foremost. You can get a 3.73 rear end with the 6.0 gas now in the 2500HD. I know you couldnt in the 01's and 02's you were forced to get a 4.10 gas guzzler. Was this available from 03-07's? Here I was looking at the Duramax to try to get some mileage out of it but if they put higher gears in it now for me I may stick with a gasser and save some $$$.

I liked the fact that you can put a second battery in it now no problem. The tray is already in it and everything.

The facia didnt look too bad to work around for putting a plow mount on.

It looks like a decent truck... It will take a bit for me to get used to that massive grille though...

2. PremierLand

PremierLand PlowSite.com Addict
    from detroit

I like the 4.10, more power, I could careless about gasmileage.

Also, I had a 01HD and now a 06HD and they already came with a 2nd battery. I thought all chevy HD's came with 2 batteries.

3. Yaz

Yaz PlowSite.com Addict
    from NH

I like them as well. The 2500HD bumper might look better painted like the 1500's. Also the GMC's looke even sweeter IMO.