1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Sierra 1500

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by damguy, Jun 15, 2008.

1. damguy

damguy Junior Member

Hi everyone I've been reading this site for awhile now and am ready to buy my first plow for home use. I plow at work so have some experience but need advice on what to get. I have a 2007 Sierra 1500 short bed regular cab (new style)with 5.3 and plow prep package. I have experience with Fisher products and like the ease of mounting. What are others using on similar model trucks? Do you have to cut the front valance to mount the frame? Thanks in advance!!
  2. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sno-way has a really good blade for your truck and a wireless controller, so it's very easy to install. Basically any blade you buy, your going to have to trim your valance.
  3. NootDogg

NootDogg Senior Member
    from WI

Not true. I have the same truck and I put a Western ultra mount and I did not have to cut a thing.
  4. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Sorry but I did say basically! Every truck I've ever put a blade on needed the valance trimmed but on a side note I've never plowed with a 1/2 ton before or a Western.