1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New sidewalk snow blower????

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by nms0219, Jan 6, 2010.

1. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

2. KL&M Snow Div.

KL&M Snow Div. PlowSite.com Addict

That thing looks crazy.

3. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

I'd like to know why it has A/C haha

4. show-n-go

show-n-go Senior Member

How has it never pushed snow in 961 hours?? What else can this thing do besides that

5. leon

leon Senior Member

snow removal surplus

The item in the picture is referred to as a "snow pump". The airport runway vehicles are usually designed to do several jobs and carry motorised brooms and snow plows for runway service.

leon

:waving::drinkup::sleeping:

6. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

7. ColumbiaLand

ColumbiaLand Senior Member

8. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

grisi24, a few years ago i got the fun job of cutting what was left of a shopping cart out of one of those. Buddy was loading dump trucks at a shopping center and found one in the pile. Took like 9 hours to get it out and fix what broke.

9. Grisi24

Grisi24 Senior Member

Wow... I cant even imagine the damage even if the shear pins broke

10. BushHogBoy

BushHogBoy Senior Member

FWIW, those tires aren't 90%, from what I can see they are actually only about 20%. They appear to be 48" GoodYear Radials, which normally have 1.5" tread depth or so when new... But it does seem to be in really nice shape.

11. chevyman51

chevyman51 Senior Member

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/exBrz5aQ9Hg&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/exBrz5aQ9Hg&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Here is a video of one in action

12. sweetk30

sweetk30 PlowSite.com Addict

when you have a/c it help keep the steam / moisture build up off the windows in the winter.

when you turn on defrost setting it provides heat. but also turns on the a/c to remove moisture.

pop the hood on your ride and turn on the defrost. then watch the a/c pump cycle on and off like normal.

this is why vehicles with no a/c have a much harder time keeping the windows dry in the winter on the inside.

13. schmol

schmol Senior Member

I never knew that, makes sence to me.

14. flatlander42

flatlander42 Senior Member

Damn....And I thought I was being funny.....:cry:

Thanks for teachin me something today!

15. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Guess that makes sence why the 94 with no ac windows are frosty all the time and the new stuff windows are clean. Learned something new today

16. sweetk30

sometimes being a smarta$$ will get you some education. be it a good one like this or a bad one that hurts. xysport

17. cpsnowremoval

cpsnowremoval Senior Member

talk about a way to get back at your neighbor

18. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

Oh that would be funny. like the movie with the neighbor with the mower with a 350 chevy for power.

19. sweetk30

20. nms0219

nms0219 Senior Member

ha ha thats it. good find