1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Shop - Pictures....

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by TerraScapesMT, Jan 15, 2009.

1. TerraScapesMT

TerraScapesMT Junior Member

Just bought this shop and thought i'd post a few pics. Its a 12,000 sq.ft. warehouse formerly owned by a moving company. 200'X60' Ill be using one end and leasing the rest out in 2400 sq.ft. "shop units" It's all insulated and heated and has 16' wide by 12' tall doors. My side has a 20'X20' office with a bathroom. Sorry about the picture quality I moved in about 3 weeks ago but happened to have the camera with me tonight and snapped these pics. I'm headed out of town this weekend but I'll take a few in the daylight on Sunday or Monday and post those when I get back.:waving:

2. TerraScapesMT

The 99 Cummins with Boss V-XT & Honda Rancher with 48" Cycle Country Plow

3. Rangerman

Rangerman Senior Member

Nice setup love the CTD and the Honda both awesome choices.
  4. chcav1218

chcav1218 Senior Member

man thats a nice shop. i hope i have something like that someday
  5. musclecarboy

musclecarboy 2000 Club Member

Great place! Good for you to use your business to build your assets... this is something that will make you money long after you retire.
  6. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

That looks like a really nice shop. Plenty of storage room!
  7. TerraScapesMT

Thanks for all the comments everybody. I'm only using 2400 sq.ft now but the nice thing about this shop is that if I need more space in the future I can knock down a wall and have 4800 sq.ft. and not have to move anything.:D

Thats the idea musclecarboy, I also looked at a 3000 sq. ft. building but did some math and realized that after the other units in the building are leased, I will be paying less per month than on that smaller building. After it's paid for this building should bring in almost $5,000/month plus my unit. Only about 45 years till I retire. ;)
  8. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Nice building. Congradulations on your new shop.
  9. TerraScapesMT

More pictures

Had some extra time this morning and took a few pics in the light.

IMG_1039 (800X600).jpg

IMG_1040 (800X600).jpg
  10. TerraScapesMT

Inside of my unit:

IMG_1041 (800X600).jpg

IMG_1042 (800X600).jpg

IMG_1043 (800X600).jpg
  11. LawnProLandscapes

LawnProLandscapes PlowSite.com Addict

12. TerraScapesMT

Office and Bathroom:

When I moved in this office had three layers of paneling two layers of ceiling tile and two layers of vinyl on the floor. I completely gutted it and found about 10 dead mice in the ceiling. All that was left was the skeleton so im guessing its been a few years since they were poisoned and I don't see anything new.

Electrician comes in first part of next week and then they are going to spray foam the back wall and any cracks and holes where a mouse could possibly get in! Then i'll put in two new doors and re-sheetrock.

IMG_1044 (600X800).jpg

IMG_1045 (600X800).jpg

IMG_1046 (600X800).jpg
  13. Dstosh

Dstosh Senior Member

Awesome. Looks like plenty of room to grow.
  14. cet

cet PlowSite Fanatic

I would love to do something like that.

Good for you.
  15. JD Dave

JD Dave PlowSite Fanatic

Great shop and the rental income from the rest will be very nice.:drinkup:
  16. tyslawnservice

tyslawnservice Junior Member
    from montana

hey got any updated pics? i just built a shop and am looking for some storage ideas for lawn care and plows
  17. weckel5984

weckel5984 Member

best thing that you can do is go get a bunch of pallet racking.... i got about 40' for my 2500sqft shop and it created alot of space. plus it can hold all sorts of weight if you have a way to get it up there with a forklift or bobcat
  18. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Very nice! Hope to have a nice big place like that someday. Only thing I'd add is a vehicle hoist
  19. jhall22guitar

jhall22guitar PlowSite.com Addict

I think those are the most up to date pictures he has, he just started posting them yesterday.

SNOWLORD Senior Member
    from MN

Nice shop and long term plan!!