1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Shop Just Moving In

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by merrimacmill, Aug 8, 2011.

1. merrimacmill

merrimacmill PlowSite.com Addict
    from MA

Well, after about a year of searching and coming very close on a different one, I finally pulled the trigger on a new shop. We now have running water, heat, 230V for the real welders, yard space, just about anything I could need at this point.

We are still in the process of getting set up, still a couple weeks away. I need to finish painting (as you can see in the pics), set up the office with the other desk, install the compressed air piping, ect.

Here are a few pics of our progress

IMG_0665.jpg

IMG_0667.jpg

2. merrimacmill

from MA

heres the garage area. Still messy from getting set up.

IMG_0659.jpg

IMG_0661.jpg

Last edited: Aug 8, 2011
  3. jgoetter1

jgoetter1 Senior Member

Congrats - good luck getting set up

4. KBTConst

KBTConst Senior Member

Congrats, looks like a nice shop.

5. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

yeah good luck with the new spot how is the shop space looks very narrow compared to your last place.

6. merrimacmill

from MA

Its actually wider than the old space, its just packed up with every tool I own all over the place right now so its looking small in the pics.

7. merrimacmill

from MA

Heres a better shot looking towards the front of the shop from the garage door. I'm thinking that next summer I will finish the build out upstairs and turn the left side into a kitchen/employee type area that will have the refrigerator, sink, etc and then the other side will be a conference room. Those are my thoughts on what to do with it now at least.

IMG_0480.jpg

Last edited: Aug 9, 2011
  8. ANA Proscapes

ANA Proscapes Senior Member
    from NH

Looks good collin. Are you gonna be able to store all your salt at the new shop? Is it closer to your service area? Keep the pics rolling.

9. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

Great looking shop. It looks like you have quite a bit of room now.

10. merrimacmill

from MA

Yes, I'll now be able to have the office, shop and salt all in one location. The shop is located much more central to our 3 main service areas, and even opened up quick routes to 2 new markets very close, which was key in deciding on this location.

11. cat320

cat320 2000 Club Member

Just don't let the land loard know you love the location he will jack up the rent year year lol.

12. ANA Proscapes

from NH

Being close to your service area is key. but being able to get into new areas because of the shop location is awesome. There is definitely a lot of snow removal in that area. Kudos too you.

13. vegaman04

vegaman04 Senior Member

Looks great. How many sq ft do you have?

14. justinizzi

justinizzi Senior Member

Very nice congrats

15. patw18

patw18 Junior Member
    from 19422

looks awesome man!! any chance u will make any more videos?? im dying to see more haha

16. ANA Proscapes

from NH

Check out the "Sno fighter" video on protechs web site or on youtube. Collins company is in it.

17. merrimacmill

from MA

That pro-tech video has me so amped up about it all that I will be most definitely making some videos this year. We are planning on putting quite a bit of effort into it this time around. Going to be hard to compare to pro-techs though.

18. ANA Proscapes

from NH

Any new pics of the shop or new equip?

19. PrimoSR

PrimoSR Senior Member

Looks good, pretty jealous over here...someday!

20. merrimacmill

from MA

I haven't had much time to get too set up and really move the office to the new location completely. But anyways, heres a few shots so far. Things are getting a bit more organized. I had a bunch of pro photos taken of my equipment plowing so I am having them printed large and framed for the walls.

We are also in full swing pulling everything apart and getting ready for winter. We have a spreader resto going on right now as well as starting general maintenance on all the equip.

The M7040's are both being equipped with rear snow blowers, extra remotes, strobes, and communication radios, and gps.

IMG_0784.jpg

IMG_0816.jpg

IMG_0817.jpg

IMG_0818.jpg

IMG_0714.jpg