1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Shoes For The Truck

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by EaTmYtAiLpIpEs, Dec 16, 2009.

1. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs 2000 Club Member

Well I sucked it up. I plowed with those rugged trails a couple times and never again lol. It is like plowing on ice. So I heard about someone we knew who had taken 285 bfgoodrich a/ts off of there truck. They had 1,000 miles on them. He bought them, then he had back and knee surgery and the tires made his truck sit too high so i bought all 4 for $350. I am so happy to have 285's again lol. Sorry for the bad pics. I will get some better one tomarrow.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. mike psd

mike psd PlowSite.com Addict
    from pa

good thing you got them dude . might be needing them if that possible weekend storm comes to life :D

3. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Can't wait more $$$$$$$ :D I heard a little about the storm today when I went to lunch with my buddy and his wife. And I was like dam I have to put the new mirror on still lol.

4. thesnowman269

thesnowman269 Senior Member

I need to get some new tires soon....

5. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

2 seasons now and the truck isnt painted.

6. WIPensFan

WIPensFan PlowSite Veteran

I just bought the same ones on Tire Rack mounted on black rims. Not sure how they will look on my white truck but I'm giving it a shot. Mine will be 265 though on 17" rim. I have the BF's on another truck and I love them. Nice truck btw.

7. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Got to have 285's on a F250.
    Got a good price on them to.

8. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Ya if you put 265's on a f250 or f350 they just look too small. The 285's fill in the space nice. I love the bfgoorich a/t's. There awesome plowing. I have to clean the tires because the white lettering is all dirty, but I am not too worried about that.

9. Lux Lawn

Lux Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

I had a 2002 F250 it had 265's on it the truck looked ok, put some decent looking 285's and it seems like it makes a big difference.

10. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Ya I had 265's on it then I did 285's for a season then back to 265 and they sucked. So I had to get 285's again. And I had to get better tires then those sucky rugged trails cause they SUCKED LOL. Funny because the f150 sits so low the 265's look great on it lol.

11. SuperdutyShane

SuperdutyShane PlowSite.com Addict

I have 235's on my 350... They look fine... No, they look way to small lol.

12. TommyMac

TommyMac Senior Member

I see what you guys mean saying the tire fill the fender wells better but you can just get a taller tire & go narrower on the width

13. NCat496

NCat496 Senior Member

Good choice for a tire man, you will love them. I have a 265's on every one of my trucks in my sig. They are pricey but well worth the money.

14. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

ya man there great tires. I had them on my truck last winter but they were worn pretty good. they were awesome and made the 250 look better. So when I came across these I was like gotta buy them lol. It was either $350 or $900. So I chose the $350 with only 1k on them. cant go wrong.

15. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

Oh ya fills in much nicer. I went wider. the bfgoodrich at's wide dont really matter I think they are better lol.

16. EaTmYtAiLpIpEs

My f350 had 285 bfgoodrich a/t's on it but they were 17" rim.

17. 87chevy

87chevy Senior Member

Looks nice, I'm not a big fan of those tires though