1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Shocks

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by raptorman03, Aug 13, 2005.

1. raptorman03

raptorman03 Senior Member

Im looking in to new shocks what do you think i should get. I have a 92 .5ton
    i have hd springs on the back allready so its time for the front. I all ready put timberns on the front too. Who makes some good hd shocks?

2. bnc services 2

bnc services 2 Member

i would go with rancho or kyb shocks i like those the best. i had good luck with the rancho's good luck

3. pbeering

pbeering Senior Member

I just put Bilstien heavy duty all the way around. See www.shockwarehouse.com. Decent pricing, easy to do business with.

4. William B.

William B. Senior Member
    from S.E. IA

Ive heard good things about the Blisteins.

William

5. Gmgbo

Gmgbo Senior Member

in jc whitney i saw that they have "heavy duty shocks" that have a coil spring around them and are suppose to help up to 500 lbs. Think they will help seeing that most of the rear weight is held by the leaf springs?

6. ratlover

ratlover PlowSite.com Addict
    from IL

A shock is not supposed to support the vehicle. If you need more capacity use air bags, timbrens, biiger rear springs, ad a leaf, helpers ect but not air shocks oct. Just not a good idea IMO and I have seen the cracks to back up my oppinion. Shocks are designed to control the tires movement up and down and isnt supposed to support the vehicle.

Bilstens are good shocks.

7. nachoschevs

nachoschevs Member

what do you guys think about the eddelbrock shocks they got out. I know they are expensive, but i heard they are real good. Anyone out there run them on something?

8. Brett K

Brett K Member

I prefer higher pressure Monotube shocks. I will be putting KYB MonoMax on my 99 in a few weeks.