1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New shocks?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by trevier, Apr 26, 2014.

1. trevier

trevier Senior Member

My 07 classic 1/2 ton has 118k on it. I plow with it and tow with it, it's time for new shocks, since I'm keeping it till I can. What should I get? I need some help with this decision, thanks matt

2. Joneill

Joneill Member

I'm having Bilstien's put in my 06 2500 next week, I've had good luck with them in the past

3. TMLGC

TMLGC Senior Member

I noticed both my front shocks leaking after 14 years and 132k. I had my mechanic replace all 4 and told them to put on what they would recommend knowing my 2000 Chevy 2500 was primarily a work truck.

They put on 4 Monroe Sensa-trac truck shocks. It feel much more planted but I suppose anything would after the old shocks. Not sure if those shocks are any good but the garage has a good reputation.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2014
  4. 06Sierra

06Sierra PlowSite.com Addict
    from Maine

I put sensa trac on mine last year, load assist on the rear. No complaints with my truck. On the Yukon, the rear (not load assist) seem a little soft.