1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Shocks?

Discussion in 'Chevy Trucks' started by trevier, Nov 24, 2012.

1. trevier

trevier Senior Member

Well I'm coming up on a 100k on my 07 chevy 1/2 ton z71 truck, I plow with it and atow a contractor trailer with it, how long should shocks last before they wear out, wondering if I should get some new shocks especially in the front end to give me some more support and a little lift to help support my plow a little better, and help would be great, matt

2. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well average would be 40,000ish. With a long list of butts. Bounce the ft end, how much spring back u get? Are they leaking? Loose? Rusted?

3. trevier

trevier Senior Member

nothing loose, no leaking but I plan on keeping my truck until it dies so I don't want to wait to long for them to go then caught looking,

4. dieselss

dieselss PlowSite Fanatic

Well it was axed before in another forum. Get what you want. The cheapest name brand will work just fine

5. JOHNCTC1

JOHNCTC1 Junior Member

Check rockauto.com