1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Sheriff In Town

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Chuck Smith, Oct 17, 2000.

1. Chuck Smith

Chuck Smith 2000 Club Member
    from NJ

Just wanted to welcome our <B>NEW</B> Moderator.
    Check it out, Dino (plowking35)is a Moderator of this forum now.

~Chuck

2. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

There goes the neighborhood . ..

3. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Does that mean that unless you mention Magic and urethane cutting edges three times during each post our privleges will get pulled?Kinda like calling the New York police department because your being black mailed.

4. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

I can just imagine the pushing of Magic Salt and Edges now that dino has become a moderator. Every post will be about edges or using magic salt.<a href="http://www.azfms.com/DocReviews/Jan96/art5.html">here's a review or urethane edges compared to rubber</a>, read this before you buy one.

Bryan

5. GeoffD

GeoffD PlowSite.com Veteran

Bryan, i will agree there is a major push by memembers of this forum, to use those products. I will also admit i have pushed a few products, ie Ford Trucks, Diamond/Fisher Plows, Swenson Spreaders, On Spot Chains, ect. However I am in no way affiliated with the profits obtianed from the sale of these products.

Geoff

6. snow

snow PlowSite.com Veteran

geoff- that post was supposed to be a joke, dino will do a good job at patroling lawnsite. i never intended it to be serious that everyone pushed things.

bryan

7. GeoffD

Thats the trouble with this, ya don't know if the person is serious, or joking.

Geoff

8. n y snow pros

n y snow pros Senior Member

Congradulations Dino you will keep us all at bay or inline.
    PS if you want o talk about edges or Magic thats ok i wont mind.

9. plowking35

plowking35 2000 Club Member
    from SE CT

I will not dignify that post with a responce, except to say once again you post something you have no clue about.
    That link to VOT is over 5 years old, and doesnt pertain to the product that MTS makes or that many of us sell. So please research something before you speak, I mean type. At least try a product before you trash it.
    As a moderator I will no longer push any product that I sell. It wouldnt be ethical in my mind. However I will express my opinion.
    Dino

10. JCurtis

JCurtis Banned

Congrats Dino, stay ethical. trash those naysayers...
    LOL

11. GeoffD

Also, to be completly honest, i really don't care. When you aren't talking face to face, it isn't hard not to understand something. I guess i just took Brian's post too seriously. Just didn't want anyone to think i was out to make a stink over something.

However i am not trashing any product, the only thing i was talking about is "pushing" a product.

Geoff

12. plowking35

from SE CT

Geoff I dont have a problem with you, well as soon as you dump fords, buy western plows, and stop using sand, I will be ok with you.

13. GeoffD

Well,

Dino, I am working on useing more salt, however it will take time. Me drive a chevy? That will happen when it snows in July. As for western plows, I am out on the Uni Mount, from what I have heard, it just plain sucks.

BTW hows the 87 Ford F 150 doing?

To be honest, i am looking at a used GMC bucket truck.

Geoff

14. diggerman

diggerman Senior Member
    from Ames

Wow can I feel the love here,and Dino no pushing of products that ought to shorten up your posts by half.

15. iowastorm

iowastorm Senior Member

Does this mean that we're going to need to get Dino trading cards to go along with the John Allin cards? Will some of the guys put them above their beds to help them sleep at night? Am I coming up with another great idea for a SIMA fundraiser: the SIMA plowjockey swimsuit calendar?

16. jrblawncare

jrblawncare Senior Member

Now theres an Idea...We can sell them to our clients or give them as X-mass gifts.

17. plowking35

from SE CT

That was a lie I told to become your friend Geoff.
    Actually the seller finally found the title, the truck is at my shop, and goes into the work bay 1st week of NOV to make it road ready. We will see how it works out.
    Dino

18. GeoffD

I am sure it will be a great truck. It got the big blue oval, your heat will stop beating, and you will go could blue ( i think i remember that slogan right).

Geoff

19. John DiMartino

John DiMartino PlowSite.com Veteran

Geoff,the rumor as right,the western uni-mount isnt all that.Itis the hardest plow to mount,I can mount and disconnect all 3 of my minute mounts faster than i can get the western mounted.Once its on its a sweet plow thoughI think the lower frame is thin and hangs very low too.I would love the fisher mounting system with the western plow.

20. plowking35

from SE CT

I hear 2001 will have a new mounting system for western plows.
    Dino