1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

new setup

Discussion in 'Jeeps' started by beron02, Feb 1, 2008.

1. beron02

beron02 Junior Member

Check this **** out

2. beron02

beron02 Junior Member

My 2005 rubicon with 6'8" snow way and a 11.5hp 26" ariens blower.
  3. Redneck

Redneck Senior Member

I cant say ive seen a jeep with a blower on the back before! Nice set up
  4. fordmstng66

fordmstng66 Senior Member

nice setup. The blower even gives you balast weight. LOL
  5. deere615

deere615 2000 Club Member

Neat setup
  6. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

Very nice.

We at Sno-Way appreciate your business.
  7. grandview

grandview PlowSite Fanatic

Careful Toby your tears might freeze!

KINNCO Senior Member

9. toby4492

toby4492 2000 Club Member

It's Friday. I'll make sure to take plenty of antifreeze. :drinkup:
  10. mnormington

mnormington Senior Member

I'm just curious how that snowblower being mounted on the back is working out for you? Any problems? I am considering a similar setup on the back of my Jeep. My snowblower is considerable smaller than that one - MTD 21".

11. beron02

beron02 Junior Member

Hey normington. I have only used it like this ounce. It worked out real well. I don't have air bags or a lift or anything so you have to take it easy over the bumps. Way over the 700lb weight limit. It seemed to handle it well, I didn't bottom out at all. The extra length only really hurts if you need to back up next to the house or whatever. It wasn't ever a problem though. I love it; makes the customer happy and saves my back.
  12. mnormington

How much does that snowblower weigh? Also, is that an Olympic receiver rack?
  13. buttaluv

buttaluv Member

Your setup is very nice...I would love to get a jeep...however, that is the only thing holding me back, I feel like I have to have a truck bed for stuff like that, just as sure as I would get on the interstate the receiver would break, and I'd cause a 50 car pile up!!!! just my luck

DAFFMOBILEWASH PlowSite.com Addict

Make sure they cant trace that blower back to you. Seems like a train wreck waiting to happen. So where are you going to mount the tailgate salter??? In front or behind the blower!!!!

The idea is good but I don't think I'd plow with the blower behind you. Defeats the purpose of the short wheel base and ability of plowing cicles around the big units. Personally a shovel might be quicker unless the snow is deep or the walks are long!! But for clean ups after the big one, the idea will be great.

15. tvpierce

tvpierce Senior Member
    from Maine

That's a really neat set-up, but holy cow, you're putting some outragous leverage on your hitch. :eek: Hitches are designed for lateral force: front to back, and side to side. You're really putting some twisting force on there.

But if it holds up, that's great.

16. mnormington

I just got my receiver & rack today. I'll post a pic of it when i get it installed. I just HAVE to have a way to carry the blower for the big ones. My wife following me around in the minivan just isn't cool.
  17. mnormington

Just put on the hitch and rack. Works well for my little snowblower. Very happy indeed.

18. beron02

beron02 Junior Member

This is very true. I bought the heavyest reciever hitch I could find, but the dealer installed it, so I'm going to have to investigate a little further. The blower doesn't weigh more than 200lbs and the rack is rated for 500. Besides it doesn't get used like this very often, just for the big ones. Thinking about buying a 20" hydrolic Honda. Anybody looking for a 26" areins pro series w/11.5 Tecumseh?
  19. beron02

beron02 Junior Member

This thing will still plow circles around your big ass truck, i didn't chage the wheel base, it's only a little longer. I only use it if I have to.
  20. jdadjstr

jdadjstr Junior Member

I like the set up.