1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Setup

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by killingtonguy, Apr 8, 2015.

1. killingtonguy

killingtonguy Junior Member

Been wanting an ATV for a while now. Just picked up an Arctic Cat 500 with a winch, cycle country straight blade, underbody mount, push tube assembly, chainsaw mount, and a gun rack:). The quad is an automatic from 2000. Overall I'm phsyced. Looking forward to summer and winter use.

I plan to plow my place and a few neighbors. Anyone using a similar setup?

2. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

there are a couple of guys who have artic cats.

go through the ATV with Plows thread and then once you find somebody with a setup like your's due a search for there user name and take a look at all there threads in the atv section and you can learn a lot of great info.

EaTmYtAiLpIpEs has a artic cat that he used for snow plowing find his atv threads.

welcome and good luck.

Last edited: Apr 13, 2015
  3. killingtonguy

Thanks appreciate the tip

4. sublime68charge

sublime68charge PlowSite.com Addict

no problem.

one nice thing is hand and thumb warmer's for winter time
    makes a world of difference on your hands for long plowing times in colder weather.

good luck and if you have any questions please post them up.

any chance to get some pics of your setup?

I'd like to c the chainsaw mount and how well that works if you have used it at all?

thanks

5. killingtonguy

Plow isn't mounted but I'll grab a pic of the chainsaw mount. I used it twice to clear blow downs outback. That and the winch saved me hours.

6. killingtonguy

Here ha go on the pics.
    http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i369/vermonter2/23C2897B-1327-4D59-B356-77AACB98493E_zpsh6tx0wa0.jpg

http://i1090.photobucket.com/albums/i369/vermonter2/44B946B8-8D90-4723-999F-D2C002FDF78C_zpsj8tv51e9.jpg

7. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

nice bike I have an 1999 400 arctic cat with 5 speed hi/lo range with a warn winch and a warn plow . Bike kicks ass but the cold kicks my ass :p I dont use it much for snow plowing any more the plow sits in storage.

8. killingtonguy

For me its be cold and shovel or be cold and plow so I have an easy choice

9. xgiovannix12

xgiovannix12 PlowSite.com Addict

only issue I had was my thumb would freeze but other then that it was dooable

10. mercer_me

mercer_me PlowSite Fanatic

I have a 2004 Arctic Cat 500 4x4 automatic with a 60" Arctic Cat plow and I use to plow plow with it a lot until I bought a truck with a plow. The plow hasn't been on it in quite a few years now. The Arctic Cat is a great machine. You will be very happy with it.