1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

New Setup Questions from Newbie

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rwdelling, Sep 16, 2012.

1. rwdelling

rwdelling Junior Member

Ok everyone, I just got an old used plow setup for my '96 silver ado ext cab. It is an old meyers plow with meyers pump. I definitely need tome help making sure that I understand the wiring for the pump.

I understand that there needs to be a solenoid between the battery 12v and the pump +12v, correct? The setup I got didn't come with a solenoid. Here is a video of the plow control:

Plow control video

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. mpriester

mpriester Senior Member

go to the Meyer web site. they have all the info you need for the wiring and insrtallation. Good Luck
  3. chevy2500meyer

chevy2500meyer Member

depending on what shape the the wiring is in (one piece or all cut and spliced together) either way their is a positive leave wire from the solenoid to one side and one to the harness and on the harness their is a white wire usually.